I've been drinking a lot more recently and my Welfare officer has recommended Rehab

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been drinking a lot I first consumed alcohol when I was 14 and had the odd glass of wine at dinner with family. But since being 16 and going to parties I've been drinking a lot more and then I've been drinking at home and hiding it from my parents. I wake up wanting to drink and during the day I want to drink and have done previously but it didn't end well i drank myself to oblivion. My welfare officer has suggested going to Rehab sooner rather than later because of my drinking problem. but I don't think i have one and don't know what to do and i can't tell my parents because they will be so angry and disappointed with me. Do i go to rehab or just ignore my welfare officer?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there please listen to your welfare officer, take the help the fact you are hiding your drinking kind of says you have a problem. It's great you have come on this forum there is some great advice and some lovely people, I'm really struggling with alcohol addiction and other issues the longer you leave it the harder it will be !!! Good luck

• Posted

Hi I think you should listen to your social worker. You really need to think through all of this as you appear to have a drink problem putting it bluntly. It is best to nip this in the bud. I think that it is your decision and not your parents decision. You have to be honest with yourself and it does sound as though you do have a drink problem. Prevention is better than cure.put your health first. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.