I've been eating normally/extra but losing weight.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've always been on the skinny side, but I've lost about half a stone in the last few weeks and am now only about 8 stone 3lb making me underweight for my height (just under 5 feet 8 inches).

I have been stressed and busy, but have been more stressed and busier in my life without losing weight like this.

I went for blood tests and but as I'm not in the UK at the moment I've just got a list of numbers and don't know what they mean.

The following are low or right on the borderline of low:

lymphocytes, globulins, creatinine, phosphorus (??), sodium and vitamin D.

The only thing that is high is the monocyte count.

The thyroid test (TSH) is fine.

Now I don't know what the next step is because nothing is glaringly obvious to take back to a GP and get sorted out. As it costs about £25 per visit, I'm reluctant to go if it's just a matter of trying to eat more.

Any advice?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello.

Taking into consideration your weight and your weight loss, I would be knocking on the door of you Doctor in your home country because of your weight loss as this can set a pointer to some other health problems.

It is difficult here to suggest a way forward as we are not medical professionals. That does not stop me in suggesting a more inclusive checkup.

I would also say if I was in your situation I would want to eat good quality food dishes and try and increase your weight

BOB

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Saw a doctor and got reassurance that everything is normal. I'm trying to eat more, and will hopefully start putting on weight now I know there isn't anything to worry about.

• Posted

Hi anon,

How is things. Did you put weight. Stress can reduce your weight too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.