I've been experiencing chest and stomach pain, also weird bowel.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. My name is Stephon bhagwandin, I'm 16 years-old M and I'm currently have been experiencing unexplained pain in my abdominals, low/upper chest and in my belly. For the past 6 months since June, I've notice that I was getting Symptoms of Acid Reflux, I was getting heartburn, I felt like everything I ate anything with citric acid, spicy foods, and mustard etc I would get this burn sensation in my stomach...long after That problem I told my family doctor, he recommended that I'd take antibiotic called "Zantac 30mg, which would later move on to "Nexium 30mg," which would later end up in "Preacid Fastab 30mg." I suspected that I had symptoms of Acid reflux which is why I toke all the antibiotics, after taking these pills I would later on get cramps, sticking pain, sharp pain and bloating in my stomach/chest. Not only did I still have these problems I also started to see somewhat of small dots of blood in my stool. So to round up this problem that I'm currently going through, I'm still experiencing sharp,sticking like, and champs in my chest as well as sometimes having pain in my upper chest, and I get bloated stomach sometimes when I eat food. I would really be thankful and I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me or give me tips/ advice on how to control and get rid of this problem I'm currently facing.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephon, I'm sorry to hear at 16 you are suffering such bad pain in you stomach, chest and bowels. Firstly I just wanted to say that Zantac is NOT an antibiotic, but just a med that decreases acid build up. Your doctor would only prescribe antibiotics if you have an infection. To me it sounds like you have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or GERD however your doctor should be referring you to a gastroenterologist who will do various tests to see what is causing all your discomfort. Are you going through a rather stressful time in your life if you don't mind me asking? I hope you find the answers to your problem. Best wishes, Gizmo

• Posted

I agree that i could be facing IBS or GERD, i have seen a GI last week and i am currently waiting to do a Ulcers/ celiac test where they out a scope down your mouth to see your insides. I am at the moment going through a stressful time in my life becuase this is the first i have ever actually had a health problem, and plus im in highschool so its hard to manage school and health. i've been having this problm for the past 6 months so it kinda get to you if you know what i mean..but i have hope and faith that ill get better. Thanks alot Gizmo for your participation on looking into my problem and i hope you have a good day ! means alot.

• Posted

I dont mean to bother you or anything, but what excatly is IBS, and is this a really serious health problem ? If i hypothetically do have IBS..can i get rid of it once and for all ?
    • Posted

ok stephon...so sorrry to hear of your probs at a young age.my son is 16 and i would be so upset if he was having health issues.first thing i can only try and advise a little.try and manage your stress and any possible anxiety that can come with these problems...you could talk to an expert on this and they can help.do this..your only young and you got nothing to lose by doing this..also try and avoid any foods that can bring these probs on...use the internet for help..there is a book available..its called "down with acid book".,..im looking to get this book myself.its available in a download.you can beat this or at least lessen most of your symptoms..good luck lad.im in uk by the way but anytime you wanna ask then you can ask.

• Posted

ok stephon...so sorrry to hear of your probs at a young age.my son is 16 and i would be so upset if he was having health issues.first thing i can only try and advise a little.try and manage your stress and any possible anxiety that can come with these problems...you could talk to an expert on this and they can help.do this..your only young and you got nothing to lose by doing this..also try and avoid any foods that can bring these probs on...use the internet for help..there is a book available..its called "down with acid book".,..im looking to get this book myself.its available in a download.you can beat this or at least lessen most of your symptoms..good luck lad.im in uk by the way but anytime you wanna ask then you can ask.

• Posted

yeah, im trying to reduce the tension, stress, and anxiety in my life, must say its really tuff to manage it all but thats life, if you dont make a stand who will right... I am familiar with that book called " down with acid book." Im going to try to download and read it. I never really had any type of stress in my life, i've just been taking on this problem a little, i mean like any who faces a problem both physically and meantally will have to be a bit concerned. Thank you so much for your time and help, every repsonse is greatly appreciated. I just wanted to ask you something, have you ever faced a problem weather it be health, mentally etc... and overcomed it ?

• Posted

you sound like very mature and educated for 16..you will beat this no probs.just keep at it.....and yeah.ive beaten a few issues in my time.im very strong minded.my glass has always been half full.
    • Posted

thank alot stevieboy64 once again for your help, it truly means a lot to have you here to help give me advice and etc.... and yes i agree with you that i will overcome this problem i face ahead of me. I just want to say thanks you so much and i really do hope you have a fun and great day !

• Posted

Hi Steph,

I think you should ask your GP to refer you to a Gastroenterologist, and get a tube through your nose down your throat and check for Crohns Disease.

• Posted

Yeah, thats what im currently doing at this point, I've told my doctor and he has refered me to a GI. i spoke to my GI and she told me that she will a tube test for me, she said that when they do the tube test they will look for ulcers, celaic, and etc.. Thank you so much carmwoman, it really does mean alot to me that you took time to help me out and give me advice. I hope you have a wonderful day !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.