I’ve been experiencing mild body aches that come and go with clicking joints and stomach pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Mid way through November I felt really unwell (the normal flu) and went to the doctors which they said was just a viral infection. That past and I felt better then at the start of December I started to feel unwell being sick , lose of apitite , chest pain, post nasal drip which makes me feel sick and getting muscle aches that would come and go with stiff and clicking joints but with very little fatigue. I would also experience stomach pain which has gotten slightly better now I’ve been to the doctors 3 times with 2 blood tests which the first come back as high liver enzymes which went down in the second one but apart from that everything was fine apart from slight inflammation. I also had a chest X-ray and a liver scan which came back fine and was going to go back to the doctors again but I know he’s going to say the same thing this concerns me as I am only 16 and feel clicks and aches randomly and with other symptoms I’m not completely bed ridden but it does effect my as I usually play football everyday but since I’ve felt this I’ve stopped. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your so young for these problems. Looks like you had all the tests done to be sure it's nothing serious. As far as ur joints the clicks are normal but they should not be painful to you. I have been sick with mucas and nose drip since Martin Luther King day. This season has had many virus circulating around. You need to drink lots of fluids, rest and wait out this terrible virus season. We have about 8 more weeks to go. If you are still not feeling well at that time you need to find a new Dr and start from scratch. Make sure you get copies of all tests. Stay strong and positive thoughts.

• Posted

Thank you for the advice ! And no my clicks are not painful but since the infection I have noticed many places that did not usually click to click but I will rest plenty and take lots of fliuds and start from scratch in 8 weeks!
  • Posted

Good luck be patient be positive and remember virus can take weeks to go through ur body. Drink lots of fluids try to stay as active as you can and always stay positive. You are young and strong and will get through this. Good luck son.
  • Posted

How long has the body aches been going on like been on for you?

For me I got the flu Saturday the 27th and the major symptoms subsided by Monday the 29th and then the aches started a few days later...and have been with me ever since...it’s mostly achy arms and legs

• Posted

The aches and all can last up to 12-14 days. You may not feel 100 percent for 20 days. You need to watch your breathing for pneumonia. If you feel like your are struggling then call 911. Cool mist humidifier is also good for you. Hang in there.
    • Posted

fortunetlry I have t had to much trouble breathing the last 7+ days...I have my albuterol and I’ve used it 1-2 times a day this week and it’s worked fairly well....but 12-14 days wow!!!!! The muscle aches started around Tuesday so today would put it at day 6 wow so not even half way there....some days are better than others but it’s really freaking tough 
    • Posted

Oh and I was diagnosed with the onset orb pneumonia yesterday and have been playing close attention to it...I am taking Azithromycin for it took 2 roses yesterday and will take another this evening...then will only have 3 more left after that....they said it was oncoming on the bottom right side of my lung
    • Posted

Azithromycin will stop the infection. It is a very strong type of antibiotic. You're halfway there hang in there. Keep up with the breathing treatments that's the albuterol. That albuterol will go deep into your lungs where you needed to go. You may have side effects with the albuterol the worst side effects will only be a little jittery. It's like drinking two cups of coffee in a row. It's tolerable so you just have to deal with it. The body aches should start to subside in a few days. Then you will start your recovery on the up-and-up. You need to get a chest x-ray within the next week to make sure you're right lower lung has cleared up. Make sure you follow up with your doctor mid-week. If you're breathing changes for the worse you need to go to the emergency room. You will know if you're breathing gets worse it is called retractions where you breathe in and out and you can see your ribs. That means you are struggling to get your breath. Pneumonia is nothing to fool around with. Drink lots of fluids take the albuterol vintage the zithro myosin and make sure when you sleep you sleep in an upright position. Two pillows behind your head. You do not want the mucus to settle all into your chest. Keep yourself always in an upright position. It might not be comfortable but it will work. Make sure when you cough you bring up all of the mucus and either spit it out or swallow it and it will go through your digestive system. Always bring up the mucus as much as you can bring up. Keep me posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.