I've been experincing severe lower abdominal pains(LAP) for some years!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been attacked by severe lower abdominal pains(LAP) for some years now and keeps on worrying me. It is on and off and I used to consult doctor always but to no avail. This normally happens early in the morning. Please I need Help.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ozo,

Since when it's happening. What type of pain is it? Is it bloating and gassy? Does it happen after food always? Does your stomach gurgle after food? Where does the pain occur?

Did you get tested for bacterial infection? What type of tests you have got till now?

• Posted

the pain is 24/7 does not go away at the stage where i cant eat as its too sore

• Posted

what tests have you had? You don't mention whether you are male or female, if you are female it could be ovary related. particularly as you say it is on and off.

• Posted

am female had bloods and other tests but not in my upper stomach

• Posted

Is your pain localized to one area or does the pain move about? Have your bowel habits changed and does stress or eating set off the pain? What tests have you had? Have you tried a food diary? Keep going back to your doctor for further tests since the pain has gone on for a long time and is severe.

• Posted

no stays same place pain 24/7 just under my ribs feels like something pushing into ribs a dont think its ibs

• Posted

Ask your doctor about gastritis and costochondritis. I have had costochondritis and the rib pain was like what you describe except that I had most of my pain around my breast tissue.

• Posted

i have had this pain for 4 years but now its that bad am on tablets for gas but a honesty dont have problem with gas or heartburn am at my wits end xx

• Posted

I would speak to your doctor about your symptoms to get help.

• Posted

I tried to get help from my doctor for three and a half months for lower abdominal pain and other symptoms. I had lots of tests and saw several doctors. In the end, I got diagnosed with IBS. Keep going back to your doctor for diagnosis because you will not get one here. We can only give advice but can't diagnose because few of us are doctors. Never give up; try seeing different doctors; this worked for me. Y Your doctor will help you.

• Posted

but my pain at to of stomach n just below my chest in the middle of my ribs that why a dont think its ibs xx

• Posted

Although, I was diagnosed with IBS, I don't know what you have, so for that reason, you will need to see your doctor again to diagnose you.In my case, I got answers because I was persistent with my doctors. This is your very best option.

• Posted

the pain is right up next to my ribs in the middle feels like something pushing into rib i dont think it is ibs xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.