I've been feelign depressed for around 3 months don't know if I'm an attention seeker or not

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'd like to know if I'm an attention seeker or if I have something wrong for the past 3 or 4 months I've had depressing moments at school I am pretty upbeat although I can slip out of this feeling at random times and when I get home everything changes i have nothing to do i dont want to talk to my parents every activity i take up i drop shortly after as i cant keep hobbies i cant concentrate whilst studying and it leaves me thinking my future will never ammount to anything.

I looked through sources and found the k10 test which i got a score of 40 on which is high

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well your K10 says you are ok so at least that is a positive result.

If your feeling low you need to work out why, and that will give you the chance of putting things right.

If you are depressed talk to your Parents and ask them to take you to see your GP.

B.

• Posted

I've tried many ways to make me feel better like trying activities, eating healthy but nothing is really helping. I'm worried telling my parents will end up in a negative response

• Posted

I do not lkow how old you are, do you have a nurse or someone at school you could talk to ??

If you are under sixteen you will need to take a parent with you when you go to the GP Surgery. If you are over sixteen you have the right to go on your own.

In our Practice we have a young persons clinic where they can see the GP in their own right. Talk to the Surgery and see what they suggest.

When it comes to anxiety, when young you may be suprised how positive the attitude from your parents may be, try and see how they would react and if possible explain why you feel the way you do

Good Luck Keep a Hold

B.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.