i ve been feeling a burning in my stomach and chest for about a week now..what is the cause of that?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I ve been feeling a burning in my stomach and chest for a week now..what is the cause of that?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like acid reflux.. Try some antacids aee if they help. also look at what food you eat prior to it happening such as spicy foods / fruit/ chocolate . You may be able to find the trigger
  • Posted

You are having epigastric pain. If the pain is traveling like down your arm u need to see your dr because it would be cardiac. You probably are having heartburn and reflux. If it just started u need to look at your diet if you started any new meds. You can chew gum that helps to keep the acid down. I would try Prilosec(omeprazole) OTC or some other PPI like Prevacid or nexium.

If it is a minor issue the try Zantac or Pepcid take them an hour before meals.

Look at your diet try eating small frequent meals like 5 per day do not have huge

meals. Try to stick to a soft diet stay away from soda,choc,spicey food and sweets.

If these do not help then I would go see your dr. If u started any new meds or ur on a weird diet I would talk to your dr about the new meds. Hope this helps

• Posted

my doctor recommended dica.it been working.but some times the burning comes back
    • Posted

Isn't DICA LSD. U have a weird dr recommending something so stupid and dangerous. Try chewing gum it helps acid reflux. Taking any medication or illegal drugs can cause reflux. U can also drink a little bit of baking soda and warm water. It immediately neutralizes acid.
    • Posted

I'll try that.by the way baking soda in warm water did work for you?
    • Posted

Melia

Yes the baking soda worked

for the burning in my esophagus it is

only temporary but it works

fast if u can't stand the burning. Do not do a whole lot of baking soda just enough for a gulp or 2. Do not do it all the time because baking soda has

salt in it. Have u tried gasex for your stomach or mylanta. Also chewing gum really works. It would help the

burning in your chest. Get sugar free gum but u need to see a dr if it is that

bad

• Posted

Could be hyabacter pylori in your stomach a bacteria that can flare up stomach acid this can be sorted with antibiotics

See your gp and get tested for it .

• Posted

They usually give Biaxin and Flagyl along with pepti bismol. They can do a blood test or an endoscopy where they do a biopsy and put it in a medium if it turns dark pink red it is positive for hpylori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.