I've been feeling bad for more then a year now can't take it anymore

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today I looked up what Im feeling and it lead me to this sit, I've been feeling bad for more then a year the right side of my chest hurts under my breast sometime under my arm pit hurts too the pain gos to the back side and is only on my right side can anyone tell me if they feel the same thing? I thought it was cancer I got a mammogram done came back negative can anyone please tell me what they think is wrong with me ?it gets worse by the day I don't have health insurance yet I just applied for Obama care can anyone tel me my what they think my problem is thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

really sorry to hear you are feeling so bad - I cant tell you whats wrong but can tell you it not only you who has this awful ongoing problem.

I started with unexplained pain in the right upper breast bone area - mostly right side but occasionally left (thought immediately heart problem!) this was in Oct 2012 not the case thankfully The pain seems to move from rib cage to back upper quadrant with no apparent reason and also causes strange twinge like pain in upper under arm ( which I  thought was in arm pit area and like you immediately thought breat cancer.) The various areas of pain are mainly on the right side and I have been scanned on three occasions - chest, gallbladder, breast etc and no one can tell me what the cause is. This constant pain is for real and never goes away- just moves around so I never really know which area will be the worst on any day.I take painkillers daily just to get some relief although they dont completely stop it just make it more bearable.

I have spent hours on the internet looking up symptoms and to be honest have got nowhere as the list of possibilities can be endless. Whatever it is I am still here after more than 2 years with the same symptoms. and no diagnosis. To be honest the constant pain wears you out and takes over your life wondering what the problem is. I am really sorry you are experiencing something similar and know how difficult and scarey it can be. Cant help with a diagnosis but can offer support and empathy and know you are not alone.

Costochondritis was given as a possible explanation and for sure some but not all of the symptons match - gallstones was another (no gallstones) thyroid problems(thyroid levels fine) IBS another , fybromyalga seems to be an all encompassing suggestion - this generally means that the medics cant find anything but pain with no explanation. I would love to find out what the cause is and then make it go away !

As I am in the UK i have been able to have a lot of different investigations and these have offered no diagnosis- I do hope you get somewhere with your problem and post on here - who knows maybe someone will find out the cause.

In the meantime try not to worry (not helpful but we all have to say it!) good luck and remember it seems like it is only you but there are more of us out here with similar problems - maybe all we can benefit from support from one another as families and friends get tired of constant moans about pain with no diagnosis and undestandably tend  to lose sympathy after months of unexplained pain. Unless you are in the situation it is impossible to explain how draining and worrying something so unexplained but definitely real is.

• Posted

Have you found any answers or relief? I'm going through same thing 
    • Posted

You have all my sympathy but not much else I am afraid. Again back to my GP more scans, more blood tests , more pain killers (some might as well be Smarties -others make me sick). but no diagnosis !!!!!!!!!!I I have kind of resigned myself to putting up with it some days and others cant bear to think it will last forever !

I will keep going back to my GP and maybe someone will find out. If anyone out there has had the same thing and managed to get diagnosed please please let us know !_ 0 votes F Report g Share

• Posted

Hi,

You have all my sympathy but not much else I am afraid. Again back to my GP more scans, more blood tests , more pain killers (some might as well be Smarties -others make me sick). but no diagnosis !!!!!!!!!!I I have kind of resigned myself to putting up with it some days and others cant bear to think it will last forever !

I will keep going back to my GP and maybe someone will find out. If anyone out there has had the same thing and managed to get diagnosed please please let us know !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.