I've been feeling faint and lift headed for a month, now I'm considering going to the doctor

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having these faint spells for awhile now,the feeling would come suddenly,the last feeling was a few hours ago I was standing in the kitchen blending fruits when my head starts spinning and my belly gets weak I had to use the toilet immediately after doing that I continue with I was doing that's when it felt like my head lifted from my body my mouth filled with water a companied by that feeling in my belly I feel to the floor and im scared is anyone else experiencing anything like that.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, yes that is a very good idea. Deria you don't say where you live or your age. I'm sure you feel scared, it's a nasty feeling I know. Do you have an autoimmune disease or are you double jointed? Try to stay calm, as stress will make you worse. Are you on your own, if you are, I suggest you phone a parent, friend or neighbour and tell them. If you get worse over the weekend ring the emergency services. It's nothing to worry about, but if you feel ill like this sit down or lie down. If you are young try putting your feet in the air. That might help. If you can, try to ensure you drink plenty of water, just plain water. If that helps, and you can keep it in, try a few salted biscuits. If you have someone who can go to a chemist try an electrolyte solution, that might help. The main thing is to stay calm, keep hydrated, lie down, you may feel weak, you may want to vomit, you may have tingling or cold/hot sensations, you may feel sweaty, you may feel fluey, you may shiver. Try not to be scared. Your body is just out of balance at the moment. Try to make a note of your symptoms, stay calm, call if it gets worse. Report if any of the symptoms apply to you, how long you have had them. What caused them. If your a teen it could be your age. If you have just had an operation, had a baby, had a viral infection. See your GP ASAP on Monday. I hope this helps. I have felt like you for many years. I do understand. 
  • Posted

Hey there Pam I'm 34yrs old and im living in Jamaica I'm happy for your response well I don't have a baby or any viral infection I do live alone and that's what makes it scarier I drink lots of water I eat only sea food and vegetables friends keep saying that my body needs iron from meat I take the becomplex+ iron×12vitamin+ iron and I drink vitamin shakes I don't use salt or sugar I'm trying to keep calm but is hard to think about anything else besides the way I'm feeling
  • Posted

Hi I think you have a condition called Dysautomnia which while newly arrived in the medical circles is as old as the hills. To put it Simply for some reason your body is out of balance. It might be that you are anaemic so I would suggest you see a doctor ASAP. It's nothing to worry about but you do need to get your body back into rhythm. You have an autonomic nervous system. There are 2 parts the sympathetic (fight and flight) and the parasympathetic (rest and digest). If for some reason they go out of balance  you have weird problems called Dysautomnia. Your Doctor just needs to find out what they are. Good luck🍀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.