I've been feeling nauseous for almost 2 months. What is it?

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am a 17 year old male who has had no health problems in the past, although my diet is not the healthiest. I have been feling nauseous and dizzy for 2 months now. It began the morning after a party. I was feeling dizzy and vommited twice, I assumed it has a hangover. I have been feeling nauseous ever since. Ive been to the doctors and have had my bloods tested twice (twice they've been clear). I am also feeling dizzy alongside feeling nauseous. I have a fear of vomitting which makes it even worse. I'm scared to leave the house as I feel like I will be sick. I always feel nauseous but it varies in intensity, as well as my dizzziness. I also have no appittie and I am trying to eat only because I know I have to. If anyone has any potential solutions, remedies or even know what it might be please reply. It's taking over my life.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ask your doctor if it's possible that you could have miniers disease am not sure if that spelling is right but it causes dizziness and sometimes vomiting and is a disease of the inner ear.
  • Posted

Hi Joe,nice to mee t you.Have you been checked for viral infections of the inner ear? as this can cause the symptoms you have.Also have you been referred to a neurologist or an otologist? .Are there medications that you take that maybe causing this?.Being stressed, anxious, tense or irritable can also provoke dizziness or a sense of imbalance. This can lead to a vicious circle effect as feeling dizzy in itself can lead to feeling stressed, anxious or depressed. 
    • Posted

I have never been checked for viral infecitions. The doctor mentioned celiac disease or diabetes but has never mentioned anything to do with the inner ear. I have never been referred to anyone. 
    • Posted

Blood tests would of shown Diabetes so i would advise you get yourself tested for the inner ear.Labyrinthitis and vestibular neuritis are most commonly caused by a viral infection that affects the inner ear. These conditions typically cause vertigo (intense dizziness, often with vomiting.

I speak from experience.I caught minde from swimming believe it or not.I was getting water into my ear canals which caused me to still this day have experiences of such now and again.I was placed on antibiotics and it can take as long as 6 months or more to get ovet this.I would advise you have this checked asap as it can lead to more serious conditions like loss of hearing if not treated [If it is such a thing].. It strikes me odd that the doctor did not even ckeck your ears?. Try a different doctor more awake to his/her duty of care to their client .

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. The doctor looked in my ears but that was along with other basic tests and didn't mention it anymore 
  • Posted

joe47197,

You really should list all your symptoms on a sheet of paper including things like foods that make you feel worse, variations in how you feel during the day and your sleep pattern. You might also state when this started and any variables if there are any. You should then make another appointment with your GP telling him that your symptoms are persisting. If he is anything like my GP he will really like to read what you write down because it gives them time to think and they can see you are very serious.

Hope this gives you a proper diagnosis but if it doesn't go to another GP, they are only human and they don't always see what is happening.

Wish you all the best

robert

• Posted

Thank you, I have another appointment tomorrow and will try to write down my symptoms before. Thanks 
  • Posted

I am an 18 year old female who is going through identical symptoms after a night of drinking. I'm thinking an ulcer, did you ever figure out what it was? I would love some answers, similarly to you this has taken over my life.

• Posted

Sorry for the delay, turns out its anxiety. Plain and simple, panic attacks that weren't helped by not eating. Hope this helps 

• Posted

Hi, I am experiencing the same thing, and I think it is related to anxiety as well, do you know what they gave you you to stop feeling nauseous? It is so frustrating!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.