I've been feeling nauseous for over 1 year now, what should I do ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 17 year old male and I've been feeling nauseous ever since I got food poisoning on a vacation (I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem but I thought it was worth mentioning). After I got better from food poisoning everything was great for a while, but I slowly started feeling worse and worse, as in I felt pain in my digestive system as if I had consumed rocks. It's not a sharp pain so it's hard to tell where the pain is coming from. I felt and still feel the nauseousness every single day with it being worse towards the night and in the morning (at these times my digestive system constantly makes all sorts of loud noises). But despite having this really sick feeling in my digestive system I still haven't once vomited since the problem began. I've been to my doctor and in the hospital, they did all sorts of tests on my blood and samples, they also made ultrasound and gastroscopy on me. After all the testing they found out I was mildly lactose intolerant and were satisfied with the results. I already knew I was mildly lactose intolerant which I told them but they insisted I just went on a lactose-free diet. And so I did for 2-3 months and I haven't felt even a little bit better. This sick feeling has caused me a lot of problems, I can never go out with my friends being happy and relaxed since I'm always feeling nauseous and I can't play any sports or do any demanding physical activities as I get strong cramps. This has really impaired on a social and physical level. I have never felt so hopeless and sad in my life. I would really appreciate any advice I get. (I apologize if my grammar is not very good, it's not my native language.).

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi Anony99

Have you had an ultrasound scan of your abdomen and stomach you may have a problem with your gall bladder or pancreas. If you have not ask your doctor to refer you for an ultrasound...by the way your english is great!!

• Posted

Hi Anony99

Your welcome. Hope you can get your pain sorted out. Keep safe!

• Edited

That sounds like what I went through! It started when I got sick after eating at a waterpark. The next days I Was very nauseous and couldn't go to work. After months of indigestion nausea and pain I went to ER they told me gastritis. Was in and out if ER. After a year of being nauseous and dry heaves couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't drive or go out because I was always sick. So depressed and tired. One day went to ER and they ran CT scan w/contrast and an ultrasound. Well they found the problem! Gallstones and sludge. Causing me to be sick for a year and a half. Long story short I had removal and have not been sick with those ugly symptoms. Go see a Gastrointestinal Doctor not a regular One. Be safe and drink apple cider vinegar for nausea. It helped tremendously. Hope you find answers! Hang in there. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.