I've been feeling needles in my groin with no rash and burning while urinating. Please help!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

5 days after having sex with a girl (I'm a male), I started feeling needles in my groin and uncomfortable feeling in the groin and burning feeling while urinating. 30 days after sex, I decided to get checked for STDs with blood and urine tests, came back negative for the following:

HIV 1 & 2: Negative

Chlamydia, Gonorrohea, Syphillis: Negative

HSV-1,2: Negative

Hep A, B, C: Negative

Overall CBC count was normal, only creatinine serum level came out to be slightly low.

Got urinalysis done which came back negative for any leukocytes or nitrites. There was no microscopic urinalysis done, so not sure if there is some trace bacteria.

My concern is that the needles/burning feeling in the groin keeps coming and going and the burning while urinating is present as well which also waxes and wanes.

Not sure what this is!

I've been using Tinactin anti-fungal over the counter cream on the groin even though there is not even slight rash there it looks perfectly normal and the burning in the groin keeps going completely and then comes back again, not sure if that is because of the cream.

Did anyone have any symptoms like this and know what the cause is?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Luke you are not the only one, I have similar symptoms with out the burn when urinating but the itch in the groin. My guess is IBD but not sure. I got tested for HSV, HIV, syphillis and hep.

Running a semen test tomorrow for the rest plus additionals to more isolate because the lab suspects bacteria like micro plasma or something else.

One thing they told me is that since it’s been six months since my last encounter, the test results are more valid 90% and up. You might need to do a test again in 3-5 months.

I would gladly update with any news. 

• Posted

I've noticed that the itch (feels more like needles poking in the groin) was at one time almost completely gone and then came back again. I'm guessing because of me sleeping in the same bedding in my underpants.

Since then I've started washing the bedding with disinfectants daily, the itch is on the low for last 2 days, hopefully it doesn't come back. Keeping fingers crossed.

• Posted

My urine culture results came back.

Positive for Strep bacteria with a count of 1000.

Also got checked for mycoplasma genitalium which came back negative.

Saw 2 suspicious white bumps on the underside of penis, suspected these might be genital warts, got them looked at by 2 medical professionals, both say they look like normal skin.

Started on 10 day antibiotics. Keeping fingers crossed that this resolves the issue.

• Posted

I results yet for me, still awaiting.

I was thinking could this be a simple varicocele issue which could cause pain to the groin?

• Posted

So just got tested for Mycoplasma Genitalium, came back negative.
  • Posted

Are you ok now? 
    • Posted

It's been 3 days since I've been taking antibiotics. I think my symptoms have gotten a little better but every now and then the burning after peeing comes back again. I was expecting to be pretty much worry free at the end of 3 days, not sure what to make of the current situation.

• Posted

My results came back super clean  fellas.. Nothing in the semen,  I’m back to square one. And left clueless.

I’m going to clean with sodium chloride 0.9% for the next few weeks hoping this might help since I have no fungus in the system or bacteria or viruses. 

• Posted

Hey what all viruses did you get tested for?
    • Posted

Syphilis, HIV, HERPES 1&2, chlamydia and gonorrhea, Mycoplasma Genitalium, Candidiasis and a few more bacteria’s. I still have a on and off redness of the meatus and fourskin but the doctor is persistent and wants me to try this medication for fongul which is a single capsule but I can’t remeber the name.

• Posted

How’s the ten day treatment t going? What’s the name of the antibiotic? I have a appointment this week so I will name the one he recommends when I get a chance.
    • Posted

At the end of 5 days, the intense burning after peeing suddenly stopped. I still feel I slight humming burn but the intense burning is gone. I was on Cephalexin antibiotic.

Keeping fingers crossed that the burning doesn't come back. I had sort of given up on the treatment considering things had not improved after 3 days of antibiotics but then on 5th day the intense burning just suddenly went away.

Now I want to find out the cause of uneasiness feeling in the groin area. I also feel some slight pain while ejaculating. Not sure what it is since my STD results came back all negative.

• Posted

Yeah I tried thst antibiotic without success, still left with a irritation.

But I here’s a list of other test they ran on me via semen

Pus Cells

Hives

Fungi 

Trichomoniasis

grains in semen

Bacteria

Neisser 

Anaerobic cultivation

Anaerobic Culture

Mycoplasma hominis 

Ureaplasma urealiticum

Had to cancel appointment and reschedule so will update soon again

• Posted

The burning after urination has gotten lesser but now I have burning after ejactulation. Waiting for some more test results to see what the cause of this might be.
    • Posted

What kind of test did you run. I found that drinking lemon water (sliced lemons with the skin in tact, inserted in a jar like bottle with a large opening) about a gallon a day, really helped my situation more then any of these meds combined. I mean, the irritation sting disappeared completely and the redness surrounding the meatus returned from red to pink and close to skin tone. I tested this only for two weeks and the irritation is creeping back. Hope to try this method longer this time. 

• Posted

Don't know the full details of the test. Was told by my doctor that it is for some more bacteria and viruses.

• Posted

Also got myself tested for Lyme, first test came back negative but going to get more throrough with testing because some of my symptoms seem to match Lyme like twitching in the body and sometimes feeling needles in the groin.

I've been reading that Lyme also causes UTIs and prostate problems as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.