I’ve been feeling really down and agitated restless for two weeks now .

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have aniexty and depression, i take 10mg of propranolol three time a day, i take 30mg of citalopram , they up the citalopram from 20 to 30mg only 12 days ago , i wake up in the morning feeling really down and crying sometimes, i get heart palpatations, sweating, shaking , is this normal and i feel so terrible how long does it take for the increase dosage to kick in, ive been on citalopram and propralol since last year but they just increased it, need advise.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i have increased by 5mg over the last two months (2.5mg every 4 weeks to ease side effects) and am now on 10mg per day. 4 weeks ago was my last 2.5mg increase and I have been exactly the same. the first week or so I actually felt better then suddenly, teary, moody, down, and generally all over the place. the lockdown really isn't helping either. to be honest, it is very normal and can last a few weeks - hang in there and keep putting one foot in front of the other - way easier said than done, i know!

• Posted

So how long does it take for the increased dose to kick in ive only been on my increase 12 days now , im also due on my period while the tablets are tryna work so i think its just playing with my hormones and there all over the place at the moment, hate feeling so down and anxious , i get good night sleep but wake up early so anxious and have an attack i think .

• Posted

12 days is very early - it can take a few weeks for things to settle with these meds. when you read some posts it's around 3-4 months to see good improvements but things should gradually start to feel better. periods are a nightmare for me - make me even more teary and i feel incredibly sorry for myself, too. i often struggle with social anxiety atm, while side effects are up & down. my Dr wants me to go to 20mg but i'm going to see how 10mg goes for a little while. some days i feel like i've got this and others, i feel defeated xx

• Posted

yes see i had like 4/5 good day and then as soon as i came of my pill for my 7 day break, i felt low anxious the next day , when i wake up my heart beats fast i sweat im so restless , sometimes go hot or cold , yes i will speak to doctor tomorrow but yes only been on the up 10mg on citalopram for 12 days now. i take 30mg now. would you say that you feel worse before you get better with these antidepressants.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.