I’ve been feeling sick for a week now and it’s getting worse each day

Posted , 6 users are following.

Height: 5’ 11”

Weight: 153 lbs

Previous Major Medical History: None

Allergies: No

For the past week I’ve been experiencing stomach pain and very soft stools in the morning, which is when I’m at my college. 2 days ago I started having nauseous feelings with the stomach pain in the morning and at night. I’ve only been able to pass stools during the morning when I’m sick, never for any other time or the day. Yesterday I wasn’t able to stay in class and went to go see the nurse on campus. I explained to her what has been happening and she said it could be anxiety related with school since I’ve been feeling sick while at college and the night before. Today I couldn’t stay and left early because the condition was even worse. I had stomach pain and I was gagging like I was vomiting but there was nothing coming out. Sometimes I feel some sharp pain in the abdomen area or burning around the chest. I only feel the most miserable and sick whenever I’m at my college but when I get home I don’t feel as bad as before, until it’s night time. I can still eat food regularly like before. Is this really anxiety related or is it an actual sickness? What can I do to stop this? I don’t know what is triggering this but these sick feelings keep occurring at the same time in the morning and at night.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

A CT scan at a hospital E/R should give you the answer and any remedy if necessary.

• Posted

Anxiety can trigger gut problems like you are describing, especially if your symptoms are worse at school. They may be worse at night if you are stressing about the next school day. Conditions such as IBS can be triggered by stress. IBS is very common with young people. I would recommend you see your doctor to get a diagnosis for your symptoms.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that your suffering. 2 items we all deal with is gastritis which is very painful all the time and vomiting. That requires an endoscope to confirm when doctor suspects it. Anxiety attacks are real bad. Need lots of rest, plenty of food and water. May need to see a psychiatrist to get proper medication to help you overcome the fears you are having. If it is school you need a prettier teacher. Hhehehe. But seriously anxiety can be caused by health issues too and still require psychiatrist for treatment the way the medical system is setup. The main thing that tells me to watch your health is the constipation issues you described. Your out take is a good gauge to what is really going into your body. Watch to see if food and water really are going into stomach and being digested out. Some conditions will cause you to vomit after eating and would answer your outlet issue. Sounds like you drinking well. But I question your food intake and outlet. School is tough and you need to balance it with fun. Exercise if you can, but not if it is contributing to problem. Also are you getting headaches at school? Smell mold in the air? Just crazy ideas I have experienced and wanted to share. Peace and if your grades drop...we are all gonna curse ya.

• Posted

To be honest, concentrating on your hobbies, plenty of fresh air and lots of laughter can do wonders for anxiety and is

are far more beneficial than psychiatrists and drugs which can cause more trouble than they solve. Some of these medications can actually cause anxiety. It is far better to try natural solutions first. Meditation or relaxation therapy can also work too. . I have an anxious personality and phobias but I try to distract myself with things I enjoy and avoid the things that I am phobic about.I live a perfectly happy life managing my bouts of anxiety the natural way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.