I've been feeling umwell for month so and I don't know what it is

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

It all started when I had blood in my poo about 2 months ago, and I became constipated. I was having bad abdominal pain and flatulence along with cramps. The pain has got less in my stomach now, but when I'm pooing it is sort of pale and I've had this stringy yellow stuff in it. I'm not sure wether this could be a parasite, mucus, candida or undigested food, and there are also tiny white specks within the stool. I've also been feeling tired and ive been seeing new veins in my feet and hands and legs, that weren't there before. I wouldn't be worried bout that on its own, but im only 15 and I'm having other symptoms as well so not sure if it's related. I've got a swollen lymph node behind my ear, one at the back of my jaw, and a few small lumps at the side of my neck. I also feel cold a lot, and when I wake up I feel very weak in my arms and legs and I usually feel weak when I lie down. I've had a blood test and I'm not anaemic as my red blood cell count was normal. Also, I've got a few petechiae spots on my arms and my skin is always mottled. I don't know what this is, and the doctors don't really take me seriously. Any ideas as I'm fed up of feeling like this sad

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi mollipo37078

Even though your blood count came back and your not anaemic your B12 levels could be low and can cause the weakness and symptoms you are experiencing..go back to your doc and ask for a serum B12 check....best wishes...

• Posted

Hi there, yes I was thinking about this as I don't eat red meat and other foods that contain it. I've also got some red dots on my tongue and a website said that it is a symptom of b12 deficiency. But, would a b12 deficiency not come up in a blood test, and would it cause symptoms like stomach pain and mucus in stool?

• Posted

Hi molipo37079

No....a serum B12 blood test is separate from blood count.....you do have classic symptoms of B12 deficiency that can leave you very ill if its not treated.....make an appointment with your doc as soon as you can......best wishes.....

• Posted

Could the cause of a b12 deficiency be Crohns or celiac, because I have symptoms of celiac as well. I was wondering if celiac can cause b12 deficiency
    • Posted

Hi mollipo37078

B12 deficiency can cause various upsets in our body...it's no good speculating the best and sensible thing to do is get your B12 checked.....B12 levels should be 200 to 900....elderly folk should bet near 500....in China every citizens B12 levels are 500 its a requirement by the Chinetde government for their wellbeing...B12 is not toxic and the body will discard what it doesn't need via urination because its water soluble or store it in the lver.....you cannot overdose on B12. Perhaps it would be a good idea if you bought B12 Complex tabs from the pharmacy and take them, but if your B12 is low it will take a while to build it back up with tabs. If it shows deficient in a blood test your doc will order 6 loading dose injections of B12 to get it back up to mormal quite quickly....then you will have one injection every 3 months.....best wishes...

• Posted

Okay, so just checking you do think this is a b12 deficiency. Because I'm worried about cancer and other things etc

• Posted

Hi mollipo37078

Yes i think you may be B12 deficient but obviously don't take my word for it have the serum B12 blood test to get a firm and positive result....best wishes.....

• Posted

Okay thank you very much for your help Lilian, I would never have really thought about a vitamin deficiency ❤️❤️
    • Posted

No probs mollipo..always happy to be of some help...keep us posted 👍🙋x

• Posted

Blood in your poo could be haemorroids or fissures.  However, you should get this investigated with a fecal calprotectin test.  If it comes back high for inflammation, the doctor may order a colonoscopy to look for IBD.  If this is only slightly high, they may do another fecal calprotectin test to see if the level goes back to normal on its own.  

Also get tested for celiac and ask if you should have an Ova and Parasite test if you are worried about that.  Some of your symptoms could be IBS so it is worth enquiring about this possibility.

As to the swollen lymph nodes and blotchy skin, maybe you have food intolerance or an infection.  However, you should see your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.