I've been feeling unsteady for over two weeks now

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys. I'm Simone. I've been feeling unsteady for over 3weeks now. It all begun on the night of 8th April. All I can remember is taking Gin. Just a little more than usual. I also used earphones for about two hours before i slept. I woke up the following morning feeling all dizzy and unsteady thinking it was the hangover. But it never ended. The first week was a little crazy. The symptoms worsened. I also had pain and a little swelling on the left eye. So when I went to the doctor she said it could be my thyroid being overactive. She collected blood sample for CBC and thyroid function test. CBC came out abnormal with Rbc and Hb quite high. Thyroid test showed normal functioning. She prescribed antihistamines for 5 days. The eye pain ended and now it's okay. But Friday last week the unsteady feeling came with nausea and intermittent neck pain ( Remember All this time since 8th the unsteadiness has remained the same). I went seeing a different doctor who conducted Rbs and stool test which showed E Histolica. Rbs came out normal Though I'm done with the 5 day Unibrol treatment but I have no change in symptoms. When I wake up in the morning before leaving bed I'm okay. The unsteadiness gradually develops as I begin to move around and sometimes I have to sit or lie down for them to end. To bring everything into perspective; is that I feel exactly the same way I do when I'm tipsy. It feels like I've been drunk since the 8th to date. Like the alcohol still is in my blood. I've tried all the vertigo maneuvers and nothing has changed. Please help me, where do I go from here 🙏🙏

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you're not alone I got drunk around about 10 days ago and the constant dizziness since then accompanied by nausea is awful. I have been using ginger to help with the dizziness a little bit and have also found that focusing on a still object helps too. It sounds to me that your inner ear is Inflamed you could have also pushed earwax far into the eardrum which could have caused an infection have you sorted it out.

Disclaimer I am not a doctor so please do not take this as medical advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.