I've been getting dizzy the last 2 days, can someone help tell me why?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 21 year old male in pretty good health. I work out 5 times a week. Yesterday morning while at work I started getting light headed. It isn't like a constant thing, it only happens when I look a certain way or do a certain movement (Haven't been able to pin point which movements cause it because its not consistent). I thought it was blood sugar or something of that sort. So I went through the usual process. Had my blood pressure taken and it was 130/78 so obviously not anything to worry about there. I had a slice of carrot cake and that didn't help. It just kind of disappeared last night so I stopped worrying. Then this morning as soon as I woke up and got out of bed, I walked out of my room and it was back. It has continued to stay with me all day. To describe the feeling it almost feels like when you're getting a buzz on from alcohol. Like you feel uncoordinated and slow and it just hits me for like maybe 2 seconds at a time then goes away. Does anyone have any idea what this could be related to? 

--On a side note I started having palpitations about two months ago. I've got my second dr. appointment for them monday. Could they be the cause even though this hasn't been an issue the last two months?? 

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would not think it is your heart. It might be a condition called BBPV, I'm not doctor though. Don't worry too much about it I'm a 23 year old male and ive been having dizzy problems for the last 12 months, ive spent over ten thousand dollars in every disease and illness you can think of and nothing. My symptoms are simlular to yours exept they last just about all day. 
    • Posted

Oh mine definitely last all day.. It just isnt a constance thing, ya know?  Its like I'll turn my head then lose focus for a second.  Have you found if anything relieves this?  Any meds?
  • Posted

Keep going to doctors until one of em tell you something, could be anxiety or who knows what but i've found that people who get dizzy, its hard to pen point what is the cause. Im 21 also and i dont get dizzy every day just every now and again some days down but for me it'll last 2-4 hours and its very intense. Friend of mines says it could be a tumor in the pit gland(treatable so dont panic), if it comes while tilting the head it could be linked to vertigo, or in my case i got a leakage in my left eye which throws my brain off balance cause i got two different sights in each eye. Ill say go get a mri to be safe(im not a doctor though) but keep talking to different doctors, neurologist and all.
  • Posted

I've had on and off again symtoms of dizziness which began to plague me when I was 40 years old. Now I'm 62, don't suffer nearly as much, and what I've learned is that I can isolate the causes to four main things: stress, dehydration, positional vertigo, and high blood pressure spikes. Stress dizziness is slow, lasts longer, and needs rest, good diet, and a lot of self-esteem work. Dehydration causes fast spells that come and go very quickly but do linger until a lot of water is taken in. If it's really bad then a visit to the ER is needed in order to go on IVs. It's usually a spell that can be managed by supporting yourself onto another object to hold on to. Sometimes sitting down wherever you're at is all you can do. Positional vertigo (BPPV) for me is the worst to experience of the four. When it happens everything all of a sudden goes spinning madly - I close my eyes in fear and then pray and wait for it to end. This usually lasts 10 to 20 seconds. My experience is it occurs when I look up a certain way and focus on a detail in my line of vision. Usually when sitting in front of a computer screen. I only recently was given it as a diagnosis by an ER doctor when everything else tested fine after a bad spell three years ago. I followed up that with a GP and got referred to a physical therapist for treatment and learning how to treat it myself. It has not returned except in a very mild episode once. Blood pressure dizziness is usually mild and seems to happen when I am upset by an event that really bothered me. I left out a fifth cause because it remains quite tenuous. That is medicine of many types can bring on dizziness and lightheadedness. Hope these examples help in some way.
  • Posted

I have just been diagnosed with postular vertigo after a bad fall resulting in a broken tooth, had been feeling dizzy for a few days on and off ,and then realized that when i bent down and rose up again that was when it happened also if I got out of bed too quickly. It is well worth going to a doctor as they can rule out so many other things like low blood pressure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.