I've been getting globus symptoms for 5 months. Can anyone help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I lost my mum earlier this year and after that it seemed like one thing after another. Don't think I've really had time to grieve and come to terms with things as I've tried to be strong because as they say life goes on!

Then one day in August I woke up with feeling of tight throat and the feeling there was something lodged in my throat when there wasn't. Every since then I have been experiencing these symptoms. I can eat and drink ok and if anything this does help and not lost any weight etc. Its not got any worse but just so annoying as can't seem to find anything to take to help relieve symptoms.

I've not been able to see my GP because of Coviad 19 but I have spoken to him about my symptom as was concerned there maybe underlying conditions. I do suffer with Gerd and take Omeprazole but he has assured me my symptoms are typically for someone who has been through a traumatic time like I have and what I'm going through is just my body's way of coping with things.

I do find my symptoms get worse when I get stressed out and I start to worry about things which doesn't help. Some, days when relaxed and chilled out I hardly notice any symptoms.

I am awaiting some counselling in next few weeks so hoping that might help me. But I was just wondering if anyone else out there has been through similar situation.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Yes I can definitely relate to this. I also lost my lovely mum and have suffered with this also which came on shortly after she passed although I did not think it was anything to do with it at the time. But now it seems all too coincidental . I have been the the ENT Dr and he said there is nothing wrong with my throat and that it was Globus. You are actually the first person to mention the passing of someone and related it to this. Please let me know how the counseling goes as I was also wondering about this. I was with my mum when she died and it took me a long time to get over it (although I dont feel I am over it yet). I have had this about 18 months now.

• Edited

Thanks for you reply. My GP did say grief and stress is a big contribution factor towards globus sensation as its your body's way of reacting to situation. Doesn't seem as if there is an easy answer to solving problem but I will let you know how my counselling goes and if it helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.