I've been getting threadworms often over the last 5

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 15 years old and i spend very little time around young children. I keep getting thread worms and i'm not sure why. I've been catching them at least 2-5 times every year for as long as i have kept track. I always treat them with the correct medication and they go away for 2-6 months then they come back again. 

We've recently moved house in the last month so i thought this would be the end to my threadworm problem but they have come back yet again. What could i be doing wrong for the threadworms to come back so regurally?

It's also becomming harder and harder to dicuss it with my mum, at first she was understanding about the problem but now she just gets irritated by it. She gets mad at me and tells me that i'm too old to be getting threadworms at this age. She's also becomming unwilling to buy the medication because she says it's too expensive. 

This has made me unwilling to tell my mum i have threadworms again and i've just been suffereing through them for the past two weeks unsure of what to do. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gemma if you have $1 and a Mexican supermarket near by your problem is solved. Purchase EPAZOTE one bunch and boil half in 20oz of water drink 16 oz of it. It tastes terribly bitter so make sure u have a lime,lemon or orange to suck on. I have been through this and mess don't help. I actually pulled one worm out 
  • Posted

It does not matter if u are around children it is pretty common in adults just that people fail to realize or don't want to accept that they have parasites. If you are affected it is more than likely that your entire household is infected. Make sure you wipe toilet seats with Clorox wipes before sitting and wash your hands constantly. My advice is to also prepare your own meals and don't eat any snack that has been touched by someone else these critters are very contagious and you get affected by actually ingesting them through your mouth or nose. 
  • Posted

Sorry I am typing so fast my sentences r incomplete.
  • Posted

Gemma,

Would it be possible you could save some money up ? Do you have any garlic around the house,or probiotics?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.