I've been getting twitches in my body for a while what do i do?

Posted , 1 user is following.

It started a few years back I use to be a heavy drinker and gamer and whenever i played a game I'd get twitches in my hands. Its gotten worse lately with my jaw then my legs now it's affecting my whole body at random times. I don't know why this is happening to me it's freaking me out I'm due to see a doctor about it soon I'm just scared what if it's something bad. There are even times it happens even if I'm not playing games or just lying down. Should I be worried about this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Dear Lucas,

My ten year old grandson is called Lucas. Going to a doctor concerning this problem is wise. My 26 year old son works at a night club and one of the male servers had three seizures one night due to strobe lighting there. My dear son had him transferred to working in the cloak room as everyone needs a job. I myself have seizures triggered by strobe lighting, flashing lights, red lights, computer screens, lighting strikes, flash from a camera even bright sun light etc...I wear rose color glasses over my regular glasses that help somewhat. Gaming can and will trigger your reaction because screens do flicker. Your neurons in your brain get excited and excite other neurons around them all through your eye sight. Your nerves in your body react with uncontrolled moments . Very scary , yes. Your doctor will most likely order a EEG, MRI or CT scan to see if it is related epilepsy etc...do you get a warning sign ahead of the uncontrolled moments example mental dopiness that comes over you or a feeling like coldness, visional etc...let me know how things turn out for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.