I've been GHSV-1+ 3 months now w/ 3 obs, anyone have this experience?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 22 yr old who had been swab tested after a severe outbreak on my genitals from what my partner at the time believes is due to their history of oral hsv-1 although it's hard to say since another person was involved genitally.. that I don't know their history. I came back positive for type one and it took a long time to heal from the first ob even with meds. I had another outbreak about a few weeks later after shaving.. Less severe, and took medication for that. and I believe i've had a smaller OB anally which was small mosquito bite type bumps and soreness. I have been okay so far for 2 weeks, I am just wondering if this recurrence is typical in the first few months and year? does it normally get better? I read that there is no normal, so I am wondering if anyone else with this type can share their experience please!  Physically right now I feel normal again I just have a lot of questions lol.

HSV-1 only - If you don't mind me asking aswell:

Do you disclose to every partner?

Did you contract it from oral sex?

Do you take supressive therapy?

Thanks this website has been a great help 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ofcourse you should tell every partner. 

I got it from vaginal sex. 

I had 2 OBs which were not severe but anyway i take suppressive therapy but i didnt have sex since then. 

It seems your immunity is weak. 

You can keep on suppressive therapy and vitamins and lysine. 

This can reduce OBs. 

Ofcourse better to use condom later to reduce probability of transfer. But not guaranteed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.