i’ve been having a knot-like feeling in my stomach due to anxiety/stress

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there! Recently I've been feeling like there's a knot in my stomach. It all started when I received some shocking news and I think it's related to the anxiety linked to the news I got. Whenever I think about that news, I begin to cry and my stomach churns. I've lost my appetite and dropped 4kg in about 2-3 days. Whenever I eat, I always force myself to because I'm barely ever hungry nowadays. The feeling of the knot in my stomach is persistent and it never stops unless I go to sleep or I'm completely distracted.

I can't do anything about the 'shocking news' I got. It may be a permanent change to my life and I need to adapt to it as soon as I can but the anxiety that's coming with it makes it so hard for me. I've also been feeling depressed for a while now. I just want this feeling to stop- it's so overwhelming and it even makes me feel suicidal at times because it's just too much for me and I just want it to end.

I've also been extremely sensitive. I end up sobbing my eyes out over the tiniest things and it's really frustrating.

I'm having panic attacks quite frequently and I can't control it at all. I can't control my feelings at all anymore. This anxiety and is really impacting my mental health and I don't know what to do about it. I cracked my phone twice from throwing it away from me during panic attacks and it's getting worse. I've broken a few other things too and I just can't stop spiralling.

If anyone knows how to get this feeling to stop, it would be greatly appreciated.

(Also, English is not my first language so I apologise if I've made some mistakes.)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

sorry you are going through this. First of all your English is great!

So one thing that I have learned and is very important is that we have a choice. No matter what a situation is or whatever the news is that you got, your reaction to it is what is most important.

I understand how difficult things can be. I learned that no matter how upset I got over something or how sick I felt about it, that wasn’t going to change the situation at all!

What I was doing was making myself sick when I had no control over the situation in the first place. I also know that life is full of disappointments, bad news, bad things happening,. I had to stop making myself sick over those type of things. It’s not worth it

. The only thing we can do is work on things that we CAN control. maybe there is something you can do about the situation that would make it a little less shocking. There might be parts of it you can control. But not necessarily everything.

The attitude that we have in our mind can make a situation way better or way worse! try to think if there is anything, any little thing that is positive about it. And then go from there.

I highly recommend you getting some counseling because you really need support now with your anxiety and panic. You can discuss what is going on and the counselor can help you manage all of it. One day you will look back on all of this and realize that it was in the past.

sometimes we build things up in our mind thinking how horrible our situation would be when in fact the reality is that it’s not as bad as we had imagined. These are things to discuss with a counselor!

in The meantime, YouTube has a lot of talks and meditation for anxiety, panic, overthinking, etc. the meditations are very calming and relaxing.we have to fight for ourselves and for our health. Never ever ever give up! You can do this. ❤

• Posted

are you currently on meds? of so they may make it worse on you. What seems to set you off? If I may ask, what was this news you got? Talking about this may help, give it a try!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.