I've been having a panic attack/feeling on edge and anxious for 2 days help please

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having and intense panic/anxiety attack for 2 whole days now I haven't slept I can hardly eat and I feel like drinking alcohol is the only way to calm myself down I need some help please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Peter, sorry your feeling down, let's see if we can help you back up. Firstly I would avoid alcohol, you may think it helps but it can actually increase anxiety and also deceases your mental control. Have you seen your GP yet? They will be able to help even if it is a short course of medication while you get this under control. Also may help to reflect on the cause of the anxiety? is there anything at work/ home etc that is bothering you? Are there certain things that trigger it or do you feel anxious all the time? Sometimes the true cause of anxiety is something small that your mind has allowed to snowball, hope this has helped a bit, keep in touch Im here if you need to talkĀ 

David

• Posted

I have been to gp am on low dose corse of anti depressant I have a decent job Monday to Friday nice house lovely girlfriend I was sick about a year ago for quite some time and still am stuck in the being sick phase I can't seem to move on from this and I'm always feeling the worst is right around the corner tonight will be the third night with no sleep thanks for your reply :D
    • Posted

So the anxiety is kinda about the past repeating itself? I won't pry into your past illness but I can understand that now everything is going well again you are worried it could all go wrong again. See the worst thing about anxiety and depression they have a habit of becoming self fulfilling. You don't sleep you become tired your work suffers, you home life suffers you get more stressed and you can't sleep. You need to break the cycle now, also if you are on an SSRI like sertraline disturbed sleep and other side effects are common for the first few weeks. Hope this makes sense
  • Posted

Hi Peter, I am sorry what your going through. Alcohol isn't the answer believe me, I suggest you sek advice from your gp. Good look

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.