I've been having eye problems (hallucinations)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes and Thanks smile

I've been having these weird hallucinations since May 2014.When its really bright outside I keep seeing black lines following my eyes and when I stop moving my eyes so does the black line stop moving and disappears.The same thing happens when I watch a fluorescent lamp in a mall or a shop, but those black lines get semi-transparent and I can still see them(these lines get transparent only when I see that kind of lamps).

Also when im at home and I enter my room I see something like a double vision of my lamp ,but less smalled in my lower eye sight.

I think this is happening for a year now since I started smoking weed.One time the weed smoke entered my eyes and it burned like hell.

After I started seen these things I stopped smoking, which is 6 months now.

I was also really depressed,anxious and this vision thing makes it worse.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

These things arent floaters im almost 100% sure because I see them.And I forgot to tell that when I look at the sky I keep seeing those moving sparkling dots :D
  • Posted

There may be more than one thing going on here.  Cannabis I guess can cause strange experiences and hallucinations but you seem to be seeing the dark lines even after 6 months so they may be "real".  Perhaps due to a separation of the viterous jelly in your eye. Whenn the gel is loose people often see cobwebs. When in combination with flashing lights/ sparkles it might indicate a retinal tear. You should see an ophthalmologist to make sure your retina is OK.  Retinal tears can easily be treated with laser, if neglected a tear may progress to a retinal detachment (requiring surgery).  If there has not been much change over 12 months that is a good sign.

The double vision symptom might be due to an ealy cataract. Getting professional will make the diagnosis and out your mind at ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.