I've been having headaches tiredness dizziness etc for 2weeks. What does my Complete Blood Test say?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I'm a 25 years old male. I've been experiencing headaches (intensity and location keep changing but mostly at top of head, forehead and become more intense at night), weakness, tiredness, restlessness and mental exhaustion for 2 weeks. I went to a GP and he ordered a Complete Blood Count test. It may be a few weeks before I might be able to visit my doctor again, so I thought maybe somebody on this forum could take a look at my test reports and see if there's anything suspicious or urgent? I have attached a photo of my test report. Thanks

PS: I've been taking Omeprazole 40mg once every night for a month for my acid reflux problem

Edit: below are my test's readings. I'm writing them down because I cant seem to be able to attach a photo since I'm new to this forum:

WBC Count: 7300/mm3

(4000-10,000)

RBC Count: 6.10 mil/mm3 (4.5 - 6.0)

Hemoglobin: 15.6 g/dl (14 - 18)

Hematocrit: 51% (40 - 50)

MCV: 83 fL (82 - 98)

MCH: 26pg (27 - 31)

MCHC: 31 g/dl (32 - 36)

RDW-CV: 13% (11 - 16)

Platelets: 344,000 /mm3 (140,000 - 450,000)

Differential Counts

Neutrophils: 73% (40 - 75)

Lymphocytes: 19% (15 - 45)

Monocytes: 6% (2 - 12)

Eosinophils: 2% (2 - 6)

Basophils: 0% (0 - 1)

Bands: 0% (0 - 3)

Pathologist Comments : Normocytic Normochromic RBC, Adequate platelets present

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What I see is that my MCH, MCV and MCHC levels are all borderline low
  • Posted

Hi Abdul

I'm not a Dr but can see that your results are within the normal range.

I also had suffered from all different types of headaches since sixteen. But last year they got worse. Pressure and pain first on the left side then across the front etc. I knew about tension headaches when under stress. But these wouldn't go away and I became very anxious. The anxiety actually made my muscles tighten up and so my headaches didn't go away. To cut a long story short, after 6 mths of tests, blood , MRI etc , I found out I had TMJ grinding my teeth and clenching the jaw when stressed. This, and forward head posture when using computer for hours, had put major stress on my shoulders, neck and head muscles, hence the headaches and sometimes dizziness. So I changed my stressful life (as much as I could), found ways to relax, sat correctly at the computer and finally had a mouth guard made by a dentist. This stopped me grinding my teeth at night and during the day even took away my pain if a headache started. It was a bit of magic. I hope something in all of this can help you.

• Posted

Hello beeberlla. First of all thank you for responding to my query. your storu seems pretty relatable. I do have a posture problem, I've noticed lately that my neck looks like a curve when i stand straight also my shoulders are a bit rounded towards the front. Thus the occasional lower back pains. But for the last few weeks the back pain has been constant and has intensified so it might be that I've done something that has disturbed the spine to a point where it has started to create these miserable symptoms. So, what is the way doctors use to "diagnose" that its my spine that's been causing these problems? MRI? Also I understand that you're no doctor but do you know somethng about MCH, MCV and MCHC levels and what do they indicate? what i see in the reports is that they are borderline low. A short trip to google suggests that low levels indicate an iron deficiency (!??!)

About the teeth problem, I haven't felt anything wrong about my teeth all along. Is it possible that I might be having this problem without knowing. How did you reach a diagnosis?

regards

• Posted

Hi Abdul

My jaw problem was something my neurologist had at first thought, but it didn't show in any tests and I didn't feel pain there . So it was trips to pysiotherapists , yoga and meditation that helped me cope. I noticed that when I was worried or stressed, I could feel my muscles tighten from shoulders up. When my jaw muscles were too tight I felt dizzy also. Even watching an action movie (with lots of tense scenes) or smiling too much could bring on the symptoms, as my muscles tensed . Well, after 6 mths my final thing to try was the mouthguard, and it worked. But even now if I don't hold myself up straight or overdo computer work or get really stressed, then I can feel the pain/ pressure starting to come on, so I then do relaxing things. I don't know what your other tests mean and I know that some results are borderline, but mine were too. I felt great relief after a clear MRI and slowly moved on from there. But I am only working part-time now(helps a lot) as too much paperwork does my head in.Sleep is also important so I exercise a lot . Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.