I've been having high anxiety due to different health problems, what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello.

So I've been feeling a discomfort of tightness or pressure just below my chest/in my upper abdomen since last 3 weeks. Also, I've been having a burning sensation in my chest. So I've been taking OTC medicine for acid reflux. But since it's not getting completely well, I get really anxious and find myself thinking about it all the time. The worrying causes my heart rate to get fast sometimes too. Also, I don't feel like eating much and feel worse when I eat. Also, at night, when it gets worse, I get so scared that my legs start trembling continuously. Because of that, my right leg has been feeling heavy and a bit numb since the last two days. I'm really scared. What should I do?

I'm not sure of the reason as I have not visited a doctor yet.

Please help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi... your symptoms are exactly similar to mine.

You are having GERD and dyspepsia ( indigestion).

At times, you might be feeling like something is terribly going wrong with your body.

Restlessness in legs and arms is another symptom, usually while lying down.

Anxiety is terrible with this condition.

You should consult a gastroenterologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.

For the time being, you may try Gaviscon syrup after meals. Elevate your head/ back while sleeping. Eat small meals multiple times a day, and have dinner at least 2-3 hours before you sleep. Include red apples in your diet.

For any further advice, you may message me.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your help!!! I cannot express how much this helps me. Also, I would like to mention that my left side of abdomen hurts a bit more than right and I also have a pain/pressure feeling in the middle of my upper chest. Does this happen? Also, is it normal for GERD to last this long?? I get really anxious and my heart rate keeps getting fast because of it.

• Posted

yeah left side of tummy hurts more could be due to not proper digestion. this hapoened to me couple months ago. used to wake uo with fast heart rate for weeks but its gone now. do u have ibs? constipation? pain and pressure in chest sounds like acid reflux and yh gerd is a chronic thing but can be reduced a lot through diet. try avoiding foods bad for gerd and gaviscon for sure. and see if it improves the pain. and do consult doctor. can message me if need help

• Posted

thank you so much for help!!

I've been super stressed lately because of it 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.