I've been having more pulling around my groin and pain and sides😔

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having alot more pulling around my groin area and pain. Seems to happen more when I'm walking. I'm also experiencing pain on both of my sides like above my hips is that normal?? Stated yesterday when i decided to walk 40 min. I don't know if I'm doing to much they didn't tell me how much i should increase walking each week🤷🏾. And back hurts more too. Am i doing to much or am i not walking enough🤔???? Is anybody having pain and pulling around the groin are????? I had stopped taking meds except sometimes i take ibprophen 400 for the swelling and my groin area is still swollen too😔 and it hurts espacially if you touch it😬😤 ia yours hurting too. Also is it okay if i sit indan-style??? I started sitting like that like almost 2 weeks after my surgery was that a good idea. I don't whats good or bad or maybe I'm over reacting. I always forget what question to ask the doctor. I don't have my 3rd post op till the April 26😒.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pam

I can empathise. At the moment I am going through an uncomfortable phase. I've had them for 3 years and have learned to live with the occasional discomfort. Things seemed to become ok for a long while. They are just so unpredictable and all the symptoms you describe can be due to fibroids. Pressing, pulling,  pelvic pain and all over the area including bloating. The problem I find is that these symptoms can also be of other conditions but because we know we have fibroids we put it down to that.    I only take pain killers when really bad and try more natural remedies. Peppermint tea for me can calm things down. I take a paracetamol and aspirin and caffeine combined, (Usually named extra power ) but often just one.   Anything relaxing though I think. Showering, meditation, if you are into that. ...Well exercise is good but ...  sometimes its fine ... but it can jog things about...I went to the gym for the first time a couple of weeks ago... didn't over do it and then a few days later it all kicked off, and I am on day 9 of it now. I don't know if it was the exercise. You don't know. I get a throbbing and tingling.  sensation in mine too.   Yes, mine has been sore to touch too, but today it's a little better. Touch wood. It sounds like you are having treatment for yours... Good luck. 

• Posted

I had open myomectomy on March 20th so i believe this is symptoms of the rmoval of fibroids. But i just want to know is this normal after weeks after surgery or months?
  • Posted

Hi Pam,

Not sure what procedure you had.  I had the UFE and in my 5 month everything has settle down for me.  But it was rough getting there.  I too had pains.  I took things very slowing.......I didn't walk too long or start walking too soon after my UFE.  For the pain, I use to take ibuprofen 600, but I don't have that need any more now.   

Take things easy.  It will all come together.  I am the happiest I have been in 10 years of battling fibroids.

• Posted

I had an open myomectomy c-section on March 20th. I was taking it easy but on the 3rd week i decided to walk more. My sister was telling me about her friend who had surgery on his arm and the doctors had to go back and reopen because it wasn't healing well because he wasn't moving his arm. So i don't won't them to have to reopen my c section because it's not healing well because i wasn't walking enough. I want to do all i can to help the healing process. But thinking about it you're right because before when i walked 15-20 min i didnt2 have all that pain maybe one or 2 or no pain at all. So maybe instead of walking 40-50mins i can do 10,15 or even 20mins a couple of times during the day🤔🙄. But there were a couple times i was lazy and i probably walked 10-20mins all day and then just lay in bed occasionally going to the restroom. So what my sister told me pushed me to move around more and stop being lazy. But like you said take it easy theres no rush but I'm just ready to start feeling better😔😞😳😩😧. But thanks alot I'll try the 10 -15min a couple of times🙄 even though it's annoying😂😂😂🤣😃.

• Posted

Hi Pam,

I experienced such pain 3 weeks after my  open myomectomy op. My Gp did explained  to me that is due to the way surgeon positioned my legs during the op. She made it clear that the pain has nothing to do with my cut and advised me to keep on taking pain killer : I should also be aware that such pain will not disappear overnight, it will take a while. 

• Posted

jow the opposition your legs though🤔 aren't your legs positioned straight??? Next time i go for my 3rd post op I'm going to ask her that question🙄. How long has it been since your surgery???

• Posted

Meant the postion they put your legs during surgery
    • Posted

The Gp has a medical term for this which I can’t remember. You can ask yours to explain further. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.