I've been having muscle twitching for over 6 months and the anxiety is ruining my life.

Posted , 9 users are following.

It all started after a bad infection in my finger. They gave me antibiotics and I was getting better but as I was getting better I noticed that my muscles were twitching and I could see them move. I made a horrible mistake that converted my life in a living hell. I Googled "Muscle twitching" and everything there was serious but what really caught my attention was ALS because I show all the symptoms except weakness. I know it could be anxiety but How do I convince myself is not serious when i literally see and feel my symptoms? Way before me even getting the infection there was a period of time like 3 months were I started noticing that my muscles were getting small. I was very self conscious about it because they are really really small and I thought it was lack of physical activity and that looked weird because it also was a symptom of ALS or any neuromuscular disease. I went to the doc 8 times in two months and all she said was that it could be that I don't drink enough water and she recommended a psychologist. I also went to the ER once becasue I was really dizzy and felt horrible(probably panic attack). They did a CAT scan of my brain and blood test and say everything was fine. I developed more symptoms like more muscle wasting, bones cracking more than usual, constant twitching on my left eye and sometimes feeling like my feet are burning but now I don't want to go there becasue she won't take me seriously and it could be anxiety.

This is ruining my life. Since that stupid Google search I spend days without getting out of my room, always listening to sad music, I don't have friends, I get mini panic attacks at school and Im always worried.

I just want to be like I was before.

Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes. English is not my first language.

Male

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ruben, it is ok

We all suffer from that ( anxiety ).

The good thing is that you understand that your symptoms from anxiety and that is a huge step. This is half the way of the treatment and you have passed the first half.

One time i searched my symptoms in goolge and the answer was ( hey you are dead ) hahahaha

You need now to start the other half of the treatment which is seeing a psychologist and that is the best time to do so.

I am writing to you now and i am dizzy and my head feels heavy so you are not alone. And i am in my room as well.

I hope you will get better soon

• Posted

Hi ruben

For that very same reason i have banned myself from EVER googling a health condition.

I had a health issue and was given antibiotics and googled the symptoms.... ☹

This was a few months ago and it kicked off health anxiety big style and it took me about 6 weeks to get to feeling half human again .

But with sheer determination and hard work researching on dealing with anxiety and learning skills from this ... Things started to improve.

You have to really train your mind to accept that it is anxiety and anxiety cannot harm you.

• Posted

Hello Ruben , the " Google " search is the worst thing you can do for yourself . 

I have the same problem with forearm twitching , and sometimes left eye .

I kept thinking I have " Parkinson's " , until I posted here . 

Comments convinced me that's part of axiety . 

Then you should relax too , and enjoy your young live ! 

Hope you feel better soon . 😄😊

• Posted

Ruben,

please keep in mind that all of your test came out normal. Muscle twitching is a very very common signof anxiety. Athletes get it all the time in their muscles because of the constant use of them and stretching etc.  literally millions of people get this.  My muscle twitching started in my  20s because of very severe stress and anxiety.   Guess what? I am now in my 50s and I'm still here! When I get my anxiety under control the twitching and other symptoms of anxiety actually go away. If you don't get your anxiety under control your symptoms will continue  and get worse the more you worry. Please don't do this to yourself! I wasted 20 years of my life worrying about symptoms. They amounted to nothing!  

I became a nurse and now do know a lot about this. Here's what happens …… it all starts in the brain.When you're very very anxious, Your brain goes into fight or flight response because it thinks something is happening and it has to protect you. When nothing is really happening or dangerous,  for example like an intruder coming in your home,  the anxiety has to go somewhere so it expresses itself as symptoms such as muscle twitching etc.  many symptoms of anxiety like muscle twitching are also symptoms of other diseases and that is what scaring you. But you don't have those diseases. It's time to start managing your anxiety. The best thing I ever did was see a counselor I felt comfortable with. They see this every day and have the tools to help you overcome this! 

e   When a negative or scary thought pops into your head, say out loud NO!  Then immediately switch to something positive and happy. Positive thinking actually does make positive changes in the brain. You are in control. 

Your worry is based on non-reality

FEAR  stands for false evidence appearing real!!

The WORSTthing we can do is sit alone and think and think. As a nurse I know that negative thinking can actually make negative changes in the brain.

Be a fighter for yourself! Don't let this take you over and get the help! 

you have two choices: 

.live for the next 60 or 70 years in fear and worry being miserable like I was, . OR LIVE your life with a positive attitude, enjoying family, friends, activities, and taking control of your happiness….

Forget google searching!   All that information doesn't pertain to you.  Our minds go to the negative if we let it!

YOU need to take control of your thinking  or your mind will take control. Get out of the house and do something, anything to keep from that negative thinking. If you don't you will really regret it when you're older because you will have wasted a life that could've been filled with joy, happiness, and peace !! 

get out and at least start walking to get the endorphins in your brain released which will really help a lot as it did me.  Fight for yourself! 

DO NOT  feel sorry for yourself it's time to take action! You can do this. 

And I started exercising, the anxiety just lifted because the endorphins in the brain are released which makes you feel really good!

.  and eating very healthy and started socializing more,,  and keep listening to the meditation audios  found on YouTube that deal with negative thinking and fear. . I keep going to my counselor even though I start feeling better it's like a lifeline. 

Stay active! Stay active! Stay active!

• Posted

One more thing…as a nurse I know that If you've had muscle twitching for over six months, you would  definitely have known way before now if you had anything like ALS!!   You are fine and you need to believe that. 🙂

• Posted

Hello jan34543. It's really comforting me after seeing Ur message here. I'm suffering from anxiety since one year. I had a serious panic attack last when I was smoking weed. Since then I developed lot of anxiety. Google spoiled my mind completely. I have been getting muscle twitching a lot since 6 months, especially in the temples, biceps, foot, hands etc. This is really driving me crazy. I had been to many doctors and they all say its Just anxiety. Though I'm not anxious I get these symptoms. I'm unable to cope with it. How to get rid of this twitching permanently. I'm really feeling so annoyed. I even get some buzzing sensation in the feet. Please help me out...!!!!!

• Posted

new products called cure stiches kills it all mine was two years but its all ok now,i took this product within 3days its all gone

• Posted

i use to have this same twitch for 2years,it all started from muscle cramp to rapidly purses all over my body,and before i knew it it became twitching,but now am fine,a new medecine called cure-stitch,now am very ok and well.
  • Posted

Ruben,

please don’t google. .  I had mucleTwitching starting in my twenties along with many other anxiety symptoms and thought I had a terrible disease.   All symptoms were related to anxiety and stress.  

Im in my fifties now And still alive!  I get occasional twitches still when anxious but I just ignore them and they go away.  I had way more  when I was in my 20s, all over my body. But they did no harm 

Athletes get them all the time due to how they use their muscles.  

I’m a nurse and never heard of als in young people. It affects mainly people over 50

Anxiety and stress tend to show symptoms in the nervous system. That’s why people think they have a neurological condition.  

Of course I think you  should visit the doctor for any new symptoms to have it checked out.  Then you will have peace of mind. See if your parents can schedule a visit.

Any symptoms related to anxiety cannot hurt you, they just feel weird and scary.

Try to reduce anxiety and visiting a counselor for anxiety helped me a lot.

With Anxiety, the key is to calm down your mind so Symptoms are reduced or go away.

??😁

• Posted

Hey Jan. After reading actually everyone’s post it has given me a sense of relief. What I am having trouble with is even if I have good anxiety I still get symptoms of muscle twitching. Is this normal?  I feel like I’m afraid to show any emotion good or bad. I am seeking therapy which is to early to tell if it’s helping or not. I’ve been taking magnesium, and probiotics. Is there anything else or any other supplements I can take?  I’ve been on about 5 rounds of antibiotics this year with sinusitis and strep. And I’m finally 2 weeks free from antibiotics. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.