I've been having of anxiety, stomach in knots, heartburn, bloating

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's been so miserable. I tend to be an anxious person; worrying about everything. I guess this might be a contributing factor to my stomach issues. Ive been suffering from horrible stomach pain with a sensation that my stomach is in knots, gnawing.* I also have heartburn, stomach bloating, gas, burping, constipation. I have a prescription for Bentyl, Nexium, for IBS, heartburn, but its not helping. I had a bowel obstruction last year. I wonder if this could be h pylori.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi know the feelings well, like you a very anxious person, i have actually been found to have literal knots in my stomach which only my kinesilogy lady could diagnose and remove. She told me that two main areas that gets affected by stress is 1 the head and 2 the digestive area. I to have constipation and bloating.  Had some really bad things going on to cause stress and i feel its all knotted up again. What can happen is the when we get stressed the muscles in the tummy  go into a spasm and takes some of the intestine with it which causes the knot sensation. Twice ive had to have this taken out.   Think its happened again. No meds help and even gluten free which helped for a while isn't making any difference now.  Obviously others things need ruling out as you say youve had bowel obstruction which i havnt had. Apart from this i feel nauseated most the day but i have M.E. and this my gp said is often the case with M.E. sufferers I also have the burping as well. All im taking is probiotics at the moment.and valerian capsules for mild anxiety.  Will be making another appointment to see if the knots have returned again, another £20 !  But i can def feel the relief when she removes them.

Sue 

• Posted

Yes ut could be Hb..yes ut could be IBs..yes it could be food poisoning..

From your description it could well be gastritis + anxiety.

Relax and go easy with food and you need patience to go over it. Try gluten free and see how you get on....

Avoid alcohol and smoking!!

And smile and be positive. That will set you for good start.

• Posted

If you are struggling with this for a long time.these steps helps to give you answers.

1) endoscopy

2) ultrasound of abdomen

3)HIDA scan for gallbladder

4)H pyroli test

• Posted

Get your stool tested for h pylori.  However, come off your PPI for two weeks before the test to make sure it is accurate.  If you have H pylori, you will be given a triple course of antibiotics..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.