I’ve been having seizures since September

Posted , 7 users are following.

I’m 17 and in September my doctor explained why I was having so many problems was because my anxiety would get so bad I was having seizures due to that. I’m still trying to understand this all and it’s really hard, I just get tired and then I start tapping my foot and I don’t remember anything and it’s really scary. I just want some help understanding 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Erin so sorry you are having to deal with this, I was 15 when my Epilepsy began I’m 62 now I have times when I can go years without a seizure, but last year I had counselling for anxiety/depression not a good time and I understand how you are feeling!!

Are you taking medication??

I had side effects from mine and have since reduced dosage only with consultants ok for me to do that!!

Maybe some relaxation exercises may help, try not too get worked up it’s just not worth it take care x

• Posted

Dear Erin,

Sorry to hear that you are having these seizures. My heart goes out to you. I am old school at having these kind of seizures. My advise is don't allow anyone to physically or verbally abuse you if you go by ambulance a lone without a family member. In a helpless state some but not all paramedics do. When you come around speak up to he or she. Take your stand. I do. I repeat your job is to take me to the hospital. I have been mocked for my condition etc...today I reported the abuse to the ambulance services. A investigations is under way. When I have these seizures they are my reality at the time and I am helpless. I hope there is a solution for yours. I just live life in between them. I have been having them for five years now. EEG, MRI, CT over and over. No answers. I have read the book, saw the movie and am wearing the t-shirt. You want to talk I will try to help. Don't live in a bubble because of them. Life is too short. 

• Posted

It’s just extremely hard I’m young so my parents think I’m being dramatic. My dad who is an ICU nurse doesn’t even believe me. My parents act like it’s some joke and that it’s make believe. But in reality it is so scary and it’s hard, I’m always nervous it’ll happen when I’m driving.
    • Posted

Dear Erin. Your parents are completly off the scale for thinking that you're being dramatic...never mind your Dad being an ICU nurse ! Diabolical to say the least. Of all the people you wish would understand how really scary it is... your Dad doesn't get that. And..he's medically trained ! Anything I can do to help please message me 💜

• Posted

I would make an appointment to see your doctor and talk to him about it. Maybe he will give you a referral to a neurologist for testing and maybe he will talk to your parents about it. Health is nothing to fool around with and if your father doesn't understand that then what type of icu nurse is he, ignorant?

• Posted

Hi Erin. I'm so sorry about your seizures. It's such a bummer 😣 My seizures came from out of blue. My Neuro said that my seizures were due to extreme stress. I get that. My seizures also render me unconscious with a complete blank in time, it's scary. Sending hugs and saying "I understand" 💚

• Posted

Hey how are u I'm Matthew my parents are like that too they don't understand and just think it's all a joke I'm always here if u ever need or want to talk or anything 

• Posted

Hi Erin,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. You must be frustrated about the fact that your parents are not taking you seriously. I have a 17 year old daughter who has the exact same problem as you. I know should would never make things up - this is putting her whole life on hold. All of her friends are able to drive now and she is so sad about the fact that she cant.

Epilepsy has been ruled out after several tests with Cardiologists, Neurologists, MRI and on and on. So we still had no diagnosis although after doing some research NEAD is what jumps out. Nobody wants to confirm it tho and nobody is offering any treatment. I wish you all the best and really hope you will see some form of improvement. Missi

• Posted

Erin

I have not heard from you lately. Are you okay and did you ever see a doctor? I have been concerned about you and just found this page again. I'm on Facebook and my name there is Reid Snow so look me up..

Ken

• Posted

Erin

I have not heard from you lately. Are you okay and did you ever see a doctor? I have been concerned about you and just found this page again. I'm on Facebook and my name there is Reid Snow so look me up..

Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.