I've been having severe knee pain now for the past few days, it was leg pain but now it's got worse.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I developed flat feet in my feet at age 20 due to having a growth spurt) when I was a teenager, I have been having problems with my feet no matter what I do, I wear insoles all the time and I change my shoes quite often, but it has now got to the point where I am in constant agony with my legs, it has been going on for the past month were the pain keeps getting more and more severe and now it has got to the point where I can hardly walk, some days it doesn't affect me at all and other days I'm crippled over in pain, the pain is now in my left knee and I'm not a runner, I walk quite a bit but now I cannot even do that as I'm too sore to even do it. I have a doctor's appointment made to see what is going on, but it's 2 weeks away and this pain is getting more severe.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear....glad that you are seeing your doctor for answers. Hope you get them....soon.

• Posted

I went to the doctor yesterday and he said my kneecap was inflamed, he said it was called Chondromalacia Patella, so I can relieve the pain by using the RICE method, so I might try that, I also have to do exercises to strengthen my leg and muscles, so my quadriceps, triceps and calf muscles, I don't do the exercises because I keep forgetting about them and with my knee being so painful, I just don't know if I can do so.

• Posted

Don't do any exercises if they cause pain. Wait until the pain stops or gets better and start doing them then. Can you walk any easier?

• Posted

Nope, not at all, and now I have pain under my foot and it feels like I'm walking on a stone, what is going on with my knees and foot? I'm getting sick of it all now.

• Posted

I have tried painkillers, I have tried braces for my knee, I have tried compression socks, nothing is working, I am starting to lose my head because of this pain that I'm in.

• Posted

Have you looked at your diet? If the foods you're eating produce acidity in the body, the pain is likely to be worse than if you're on an alkaline diet. I get mild knee pain occasionally - though not what you have - and find it can get worse if I've eaten nuts and increased protein intake.

• Posted

Set aside some time to try your exercises. ICE your knee before exercises and after. Take meds about 30 min before your exercises.If you are not getting better go back to your doctor or get a second opinion. Perhaps exercising in a pool would be easier for you. Another suggestion is to go to a physiotherapist. Hoping it will get better for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.