I’ve been having stomach and chest pain after my endoscopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I have read some trails of people that have had pain after endoscopy and most of them resolved in a matter of 2 to 3 weeks.

Dec 10th I had my 4th endoscopy and this is the first time that I feel like this. I was fully sedated, when I woke up from the anesthesia i started having pain in my abdomen. I told the dr right away and she said that every thing went fine. A week later when i went to her office to get the results of the biopsies (7 in total) I told her that I was still in pain and now even my chest was in pain. She told me that my biopsy showed that i have chronic gastritis and i was positive for h pylori. She told me to start the antibiotics straight away and it would also clear any infection. I finished the antibiotics and the pain didn't even reduced. i spoke to her on saturday and told her about how i am feeling and she asked me to do a CT Scan of the chest and abdomen to see what is going on. Of course my anxiety is not helping but I am really concerned about what is going on. I feel like the different places where i have the pain are places where the biopsies were taken. She also removed a polyp from my esophagus. I only vomit when I am very nauseas which normally happens when my stress is high, no blood on my stool and no fever. i have cried and regretted since the day I had this endoscopy and I wish I had asked to do first a barium meal scan before going straight for an endoscopy. I have done endoscopies before and never crossed my mind that I would be in pain after this one. the pain that I feel in the esophagus and other areas are like open sores and it burns.

thank you all for having the patient and taking your time to read this, I really appreciate and I would like if there is anyone in the group that had something similar to this, and how long it took you to heal or anyone that their healing took longer that a month and what they did. I am so so concern!

Thank you all!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.