I've been having stomach pain for 10 days, don't know what it is

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I've been having stomach pains for 10 days now. Started off as mild sharp pains in the lower right abdomen, then got more tight and dull and was burning and now it is sharp almost twisting pain that lasts a few hours to the right of my belly button.

I was worried about my appendix so I went to the doctor and he said he couldn't feel anything wrong on my abdomen and didn't think it was my appendix as I would feel a lot worse by now and I don't have any other symptoms. He basically just said if I still keep getting pain come back.

My diet is not too great and I don't exercise very much but I don't see a pattern with food causing it other than drinking milk and orange juice which I avoid.

Is this a digestive issue that anyone has experienced or has any advice on? and can anyone help with what I can do short term to relieve the pain and long term to keep my stomach healthy? It helps when i stretch out but as soon as I stop the pain starts again.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

To see a pattern with food, try a food diary. Have you eaten anything you wouldn't normally eat or something that was out of date? It may also be a bug. Stomach bugs are common at this time of year. However, you should see your doctor again since you are no better and if you still don't get help, see a different doctor. You will get answers that way.

• Posted

Thank you for replying! I try and keep a food diary when I remember but I need to start doing it again. I'm going to go back to the doctor again too but with Christmas coming up everything's really busy!

• Posted

I know the feeling! I had a cracked tooth fixed in October but the repair wasn't done properly and it cracked again after only one month. There's too much going on for me too with Christmas, so it will have to wait until January.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi sara , since your doctor wasnt to concern here are a few tips to start , see how you feel in 2 weeks ... First fast for 2 days with no food intake ,just 6to 8 glasses of water . This will flush your whole gut system while letting it rest . After the fasting is over eat small bland diet if leafy green veggies , and a banana , at lunch and dinner , for breakfast , 1 egg 1 cup of non fat sugar free yogurt with live cultures .. You can add honey to sweeten . No caffeine , just water ! While on this diet take a mutivitamin to strengthen you gut flora along with balancing . Third , after weekend ,add tuna and can chicken to your diet . Eat small amounts ... You can also take OTC prilosec to help if needed ... Do stretching exercise twice a day . Exercise steps : do the motions of climbing a ladder , hand reaching up , this opens up the intestines , letting them breath per say , ... Keep us updated

• Posted

Thank you for the tips! This is really helpful

• Posted

Get an MRI CT scan at a hospital E/R and consult a registered dietition or nutritionist who can give you a daily menu for your condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.