I've been having these eye twitches for more than a year, how can i stop them?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know it's related to anxiety, cause it happens even more often when I'm feeling stressed. I went to see a doctor two weeks ago only for him to tell me that it's normal to have these twitches because I'm a student and that it should stop over time. I asked for a medication but he told me that my problem wasn't enough serious to prescribe to me any medications. I'm getting really tired of these, I though it was going to stop a long time ago but it keeps happening, what should i do?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stevie you should have your b12 and magnesium levels checked. These deficiencies are know to cause eye twitches.

• Posted

No worries. I get eye twitches and I was low in B12 and magnesium. Hope you feel better soon. Take care

• Posted

My right eyelid regularly twitches with my anxiety, it's indeed annoying. I might look into magnesium and b12 deficiency.

• Posted

I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and I use to think muscle twitching was my anxiety (eye would twitch, knee, stomach, etc...) turned out it was my body needed magnesium. Started taking a magnesium supplement daily and it went away. Look into it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.