I’ve been having this rash off and on for a year

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi guys, so ive had this random rash pop up last year during the summer and i went to the doctor and they gave me a steroid shot that cleared it up for a few days and then it came back, so i went back and they suggested it might be a gluten allergy, but ive never been allergic to gluten and i still have no issues when i eat it. i went gluten free for a bit and it never cleared up. it went away after a few months last year and just now came back this year. i havent changed anything in my diet or laundry detergent, soap, makeup ect. ive never had this problem until last year and now this year. its winter time now and has just randomly popped up again. ive looked online for what it could be and cant find anything that looks like mine, so i thought id come here and see if anyone knew anything. thanks!

imageimage

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

btw it is on my neck and chest, it sometimes itches but not overpowering

• Posted

Do you eat a lot of chocolate?Or have binges of it? My sister gets a rash just like this when she has been eating chocolate. So now she avoids it .

• Posted

It looks rather like pityrosporum folliculitis, a type of fungal acne caused by an overproliferation of yeast, usually malasezzia.

• Posted

Just read ip.freelys answer and yes that could be the answer. Try washing with a dandruff shampoo. One that contains Ketoconazole

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.