I've been highly stressed, and I need some help and opinions on my situation, can someone help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well I'm only 15, and the amount of stress I have is ridiculous, stress from family, school, health. My biggest thing is that yesterday I went to the doctor and the doctor tested my urine to see if it was a UTI which I've had before but when I did it was far worse than now. Symptoms like some pain when I pee, a few times there's been odor, and discharge which is normal for me, it's not any blood, or brown, green, colors. It's normal just white/clear. My period was last week, it was fine and normal. But about 2 days ago, I started noticing these symptoms, odor a few times with urination, some pain, discomfort. Mostly I feel like it's stress maybe I've thrown off my body by being stressed, not eating right, or not drinking enough water. I do have good hygenine I take a shower every day, I have started using a new body wash about a week ago called nieva coconut and care, which maybe thats what's causing this, I drink a ton of coffee I do drink soft drinks, I use a lot of bath and body works sprays. Mostly I'm just stressed because my health is important to me and I want to be okay, and I feel my stress is making this situation even worse then it could be. They are doing a culture on my urine, so maybe ill find something out soon. But as of now my symptoms aren't as bad because I'm trying to be not so stressed but I don't know what could be causing this for sure, perfume? To much coffee or soft drinks, body wash? It's just a scary situation because I'm young and the doctor says from the urine test it's not a UTI the culture may say different or maybe it's simple irritation from wrong underware, the hot weather. I'm not sure, but any responses would be great.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Okay, here goes.

What you're drinking counts as liquid, but it's not water.  Coffee and soft drinks can irritate your bladder. It's better to wear cotton underwear, and to keep your clothing loose. Try desses and skirts instead of pants.  It isn't that you're not clean, in fact women who are not clean freaks actually have fewer bladder infections.

Your body has bacteria within it and on its surface.  Beneficial and harmful bacteria.  The ideal balance is more beneficial than harmful--the beneficial keep the harmful from overgrowing and causing infections. Stress, for some unknown reason, can upset the balance.

You can try what other women try, some of which I've mentioned above. Eight 8 ounce glasses of water a day.  In addition, take a women's probiotic. Find a mild, unscented body wash, and back off of the body sprays. Start taking cranberry capsules.  That helps sometimes. You might also ask your doctor to check to see if you have a touch of vaginitis, which can contribute to UTI's.

As for the stress--well, it's a stressful world.  Try to take it easy, though I know that's difficult.

I hope this has helped.

• Posted

Hi Lynda20916 the replies below have given you some good advice.  Try replacing the coffee with camomile tea if you really need something other than water, coffee dehydrates the body and does irritate the bladder.  If you need to sweeten it you can add a spoon of honey and maybe a bit of lemon.  The relaxation techniques will help but maybe you need additional counselling to help control your stress levels a bit.  Do you have a counselling service at school?  If not your GP can refer you for counselling. Hope things calm down a bit soon and you start to feel better very soon x
  • Posted

Easy to say, but you neeed to learn some relaxation techniques.

The main thing I want to suggest,however, is drink water, not coffee!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.