I've been in constant acute lower right back spinal hemetoma pain for a while.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with a lower lumbar spinal hemegoma a few years back now, and I was told that it was quiet small, there usually left alone and are painless. Well as any of you Hemegoma sufferers out there no, that they are far from painless.

This was discovered around 10 years back maybe just under during an MRI for another health issue. Usually mine only causes me rash pain/discomfort if I over exert!

However over the past 7 weeks it has been causing me rather niggling pain that usually my meds will ease this. I went to the GP last week and, that was pretty pointless although I never asked but they stated there not prescribing Diazpam anymore' (I no) I kinda just want this re-imaged then there was mentioned a new muscle relaxant but due to me being epileptic I can't have. 

Since yesterday morning I woke up with the most ACUTE spine pain right from top to bottom straight down the middle of my spine 😖 and my Hemegoma site has been in the most awful discomforting ACUTE pain! Diclofenic isn't helping, neither is my cd medication....nothing suddenly, and this is that type of pain that goes right through your stomach to even feel it there. S y indications of what this could suddenly be making this be constant would be greatly appreciated.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Gosh, since this post is 7 days old I surely hope you have seen a doctor because you need that thing out.  Hemangiomas are always at risk of rupturing and if you are in this much pain, that is something that comes to mind.  Hopefully it is just getting bigger, another thing they do, but symptomatic hemangiomas of the spine need to come out.  I wish you luck.

Lynn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.