i've been in pain for almost a year now what should i do

Posted , 7 users are following.

my throat tightens up on me to where i can not breath for while i'm 18 teen and i am worried about this because it has been happening more and more lately i have not see a doctor my mom thinks it is just a start of a cold because she doesn't know how long i have been going through this and i have not told her about the pacifics  so what do i do? 

PLEASE HELP ME!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

What kind and where is the pain?  It's important to go to the doctor to get a diagnosis.  Then you can come to the boards for information and support.  Maybe you have asthma, allergies, panic attacks, etc.  We are not doctors here, just people who want to help each other.

• Posted

Visit your Gi and Get  a endoscopy 

While you’re waiting for your appointment. Cut out all the junk food and eat healthy for a while and elevate the head of your bed when you’re sleeping .

Also  wait three hours to lay down after eating. 

• Posted

Sounds like panick attacks to me you need to learn some  breathing techniques (slow deep breaths )  I would tell your mom the truth and book a. Appointment with your doctor don't keep this to yourself there is help out there 

• Posted

thank you i have told my mom it was not a cold that i needed a appointment and she is getting me one but i don't think it is a panic attack and isn't that what people with anxiety have? 

• Posted

thank you to all of you i appreciate it alot 
    • Posted

Yes it could be either go see your doctor they will find out what the problem is try not yo worry about it because it could make it worse 
  • Posted

Please go see a doctor. It can be a hital hernia. If so do not have the nissen. It will ruin your life like me. There are better options.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,first of all you should visit a doctor,it could be anything.

• Posted

Hi,

I am also a GERD patient for 4-5 years I think and I always go back to my Gastro doctor many times in a year. I have experienced all the symptoms related to this disease and have taken different kinds of medicine such as Omeprazole, Pariet, Dexilant from once a day to 2x a day. That's on and off depending on the occurrence of my GERD. Sometimes I also experience panic attacks and tingling in my left arm or right arm. My gastro said that it's because of anxiety. It makes sense because whenever my GERD flares up, I panic and think of a lot of things like having a serious disease or if this doesn't have any cure at all, stuffs like that. I got tired actually and recently I realized that this disease is mainly triggered by STRESS!! I'll stress that out, it's all about Stress friends.  I realized that back last December 2017, when my GERD flared up for a couple of months and I was about to do a PH test  procedure (research it online )which will cost me a large amount of money. It was suggested by my Gastro since the medicines are not working for me. Since there was no available equipment yet that time, I had to wait and I had the opportunity to go out of town with some friends. We stayed there for 3 days and it was literally relaxing and enjoying. I got nothing to think about. My GERD did not flare up that time. Then when we went back home and got to work, my GERD flared up again. I have food restrictions and I follow it mind you. I do not eat spicy food, anything with tomato, dairy or with wheat. I noticed that the difference was that I was stressed at work. 

Whenever I feel stressed, symptoms of acid reflux and belching occurs. As I mentioned, GERD can also cause panic attacks due to anxiety. My gastro suggested to get a small brown bag, put the opening in front of your mouth while holding it and start breathing in and out. The air should not come out as you need to breathe in the carbon dioxide. After noticing a few days, I also decided to check for yoga exercises online to calm my body and do some breathing exercises together with it. And it was EFFECTIVE!  I noticed that when I calm myself and do some simple yoga and breathing exercises (deep breathe in and breath out a couple of times), the GERD symptoms go away.  It was amazing. Since then, I did not have GERD symptoms anymore and I'm not taking any medicine for it. Thank God! smile

Try it and notice the difference. Do some breathing exercise (you may use the brown bag exercise) until you are finally calm and your symptoms will go away. smile 

PS. Continue to avoid food restrictions like spicy food and milk and tomato. 

I hope that this helps you somehow. Let me know if it works for you too. 

• Posted

Hi,

I am also a GERD patient for 4-5 years I think and I always go back to my Gastro doctor many times in a year. I have experienced all the symptoms related to this disease and have taken different kinds of medicine such as Omeprazole, Pariet, Dexilant from once a day to 2x a day. That's on and off depending on the occurrence of my GERD. Sometimes I also experience panic attacks and tingling in my left arm or right arm. My gastro said that it's because of anxiety. It makes sense because whenever my GERD flares up, I panic and think of a lot of things like having a serious disease or if this doesn't have any cure at all, stuffs like that. I got tired actually and recently I realized that this disease is mainly triggered by STRESS!! I'll stress that out, it's all about Stress friends.  I realized that back last December 2017, when my GERD flared up for a couple of months and I was about to do a PH test  procedure (research it online )which will cost me a large amount of money. It was suggested by my Gastro since the medicines are not working for me. Since there was no available equipment yet that time, I had to wait and I had the opportunity to go out of town with some friends. We stayed there for 3 days and it was literally relaxing and enjoying. I got nothing to think about. My GERD did not flare up that time. Then when we went back home and got to work, my GERD flared up again. I have food restrictions and I follow it mind you. I do not eat spicy food, anything with tomato, dairy or with wheat. I noticed that the difference was that I was stressed at work. 

Whenever I feel stressed, symptoms of acid reflux and belching occurs. As I mentioned, GERD can also cause panic attacks due to anxiety. My gastro suggested to get a small brown bag, put the opening in front of your mouth while holding it and start breathing in and out. The air should not come out as you need to breathe in the carbon dioxide. After noticing a few days, I also decided to check for yoga exercises online to calm my body and do some breathing exercises together with it. And it was EFFECTIVE!  I noticed that when I calm myself and do some simple yoga and breathing exercises (deep breathe in and breath out a couple of times), the GERD symptoms go away.  It was amazing. Since then, I did not have GERD symptoms anymore and I'm not taking any medicine for it. Thank God! smile

Try it and notice the difference. Do some breathing exercise (you may use the brown bag exercise) until you are finally calm and your symptoms will go away. smile 

PS. Continue to avoid food restrictions like spicy food and milk and tomato. 

I hope that this helps you somehow. Let me know if it works for you too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.