I've been in severe abdominal pain since I was 14, I'm now 18.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had severe abdominal pain for years, to the point where I can't move for days on end. My doctor put me on some medication to help with any bowel obstructions that I may have. I have taken this medicine for a couple days now and I've been fainting since I have started taking it. I have fainted before with my stomach pain, but it has never been this bad. I have fainted four times within a 24-hour timeframe. I can typically handle pain exceedingly well. For me to be doubled over in pain for days on end, it's uncommon. Is there anything I can do to help this pain go away? It's gotten to the point where I'm afraid to eat because I know the pain will follow immediately after I start.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What tests have been done and what was diagnosed?
    • Posted

Nothing has been diagnosed yet. I have had X-rays, ultrasounds, blood work, STD testing, and countless others to no avail. 
    • Posted

Maybe you have IBS which can be diagnosed if all tests are negative.  If you have stated fainting after taking your medication, it may not be suiting you.  Ask your doctor for something else,.
    • Posted

I thought about that too, but the symptoms don't really match what I'm dealing with. 

• Posted

Try getting an endoscope I also experience pains like that for years I'm 27 now I need to finally get the endoscope procedure. I suffered from stomach pains since I wqs 21 but had no clue about all these things now I am in the medical field I'm learning so much and getting a bit nervous about it all. Our stomachs are just real sensitive from other ppl. When I get nervous first thing I feel pain is my stomach stress and everything. It's like when u get the butterflies. Well imagine feeling with pain it's the worse I know what you are going through it becomes stressful where u don't know what to do anymore

• Posted

Thank you for the advice. I also experience pain whenever I get nervous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.