I’ve been in so much pain and depressed, what should i do?

Posted , 7 users are following.

So hey guess my name is Ariel. I was just on google trying to find out more information about HS and came across this chat. I am so grateful to read about you guys stories because I’ve been feeling so alone. Like no one understand how painful this thing is. I had this for a couple years but not as bad where they would come and go. At least for a year i had it under my arms where it wouldn’t go away and keep draining. Then they started growing bigger and coming more. To the point they don’t even start off as bumps anymore. It’s like my skin makes a whole and it just continue to stretch. I have them under both arms, breast, Butt and groin. The groin disappears. However i have one under my left breast and at the top of my butt. I have too many under both of my arm pits where this morning i had to call my mom to come and wash my butt for me. The hurt and the pain. What made it worst was that my mom saying you suppose to wash my butt not me washing yours. I’m only about to be 25 and this HS is killing me. Laying certain ways is painful and uncomfortable. I can’t wear regular shirts but tank tops and bras because the regular shirts rub against it and bring bad pain. I suppose to do surgery soon and just needed to know more about the surgery. What to expect? How long do you stay in the hospital? How long is the procedure? What actually happen? How’s the healing? I don’t know if anyone is on here no more but I’ll keep checking back in to see. I’m ready for this to be over ! At least the worst of it. 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had surgery under both armpits and it took 3 months for me to completely heal. A plastic surgeon preformed the surgery. Both armpits did get infected which made things 10 times worst and more painful.  The surgery didn't take long, I stayed in the hospital 2 days only because I was in so much pain.  The doctor removed my sweat glands and the HS and covered the area with a skin flap.  The recovery was rough because I was so scared to move my arm because of the pain but I had too. After a month things got much better and I started moving my arms more. I didn't have to have skin grafts which is a blessing.  This surgery was so worth it. I haven't had any problems and don't have to worry about pain under my armpits anymore. I'm getting my breast done later this year.  

• Posted

So i see there is different procedures? I see you had the surgery where they remove the sweat glands and hs. Then you say they cover it. What is skin flap? Like where do they get that from? Also what is the skin graft? Is that a different surgery procedure? I’m happy to hear about the relief your having. It makes me feel better and a bit more confident to be myself again after I’m done with surgery. I don’t even really lift my arms unless i really have to at a very slow pace. It’s so painful right now. I can’t believe they don’t know what really causes this neither. 
    • Posted

No, it was left open and I covered it with diaper rash ointment 40% Zinc Oxide and several bandage changes a day. It took 7 weeks for new skin to form and close over. Went to HS Clinic in Cleveland Ohio. For the first several weeks pretty painful. After all, they are truly burning away the lesion and you flesh. They gave me pain stuff but I dealt with it without the meds. 
  • Posted

It has been reported by one individual in this forum that high-dose zinc put her HS in remission. There is a National Institute of Health study protocol she followed. Google HS +NHI+ zinc. See if you can find it
  • Posted

Hi, I am my name is Tiffany and I have had hs for about 3 years. First let me say I am a diabetic and I do have graves disease. They are both driving me crazy. But, I first used to get these HUGE boils under my arms and I didn't know why. After a few ER visits I started doing my research. After about a year if being misdiagnosed I finally found out what it was. Heartbreaking but glad at the same time. Just to finally put a face to the problem. I started doing natural things to try and keep it under control. Needless to say that's a job in itself. I would take tumeric with water. Drink these juices from a juice bar. Bleach baths, use baking soda instead of deodorant and try to stay dry. It worked so well. I would take wheatgrass shots and get a juice made with beets, ginger, and orange juice. I didn't see a flare up for a year. But recently I have moved and there is no juice bar where I am. I have tried making them myself but to no avail. The hardest thing is trying to figure out a regimen to get back on track. I have lost my confidence and a lot of my self esteem. I have a husband and two kids. It is really hard to keep up with them when all I want to do is cry and lay in the bed. I have recently learned that dairy and beef is a huge part of the flare ups. I have cut the dairy but it's HARD to give up beef. I have cut back on it and I see a change. I had a piece of cheesecake last week and immediately I started having really bad pain under my left arm. So I have to control my urges to stay away from dairy. I have still been taking my bleach baths and occasionally taking the tumeric. I am really going g to get a regimen together to slow this thing down again. I really need my life back. I wanted to ask has anyone tried the emuaid ointment or the skleer cream. I found other people saying that it works for hs. It is really expensive but I am going to get my coins together and try it. I hate medication. I feel like that will only give me some other problem down the line. If anyone has tried any of these creams please let me know what happened, or if you have any recommendations of any other product or regimen.

• Posted

I'm a newbie too!

I'm completely fed up my hs

• Posted

Hi DonDeb1. Welcome . I am sortif new myself. I just want to say I understand. This condition has definitely taken it's toll on my emotions. Being depressed about not knowing what to do is the hardest thing for me. Feeling like no one understands is the second hardest. I can tell you though, you will see better days. I previously stated that I had a regimen. Bleach baths and most importantly staying away from dairy. Get tumeric and ginger pills. You should see a change in about a week. With the bleach baths. I recommend using a cup of bleach and soaking for about 30 min. Then take a short shower to get rid of bleach smell. Hope this helps.

• Posted

The relief to no I'm nt alone in this I've lost every job ivr ever had due to this I could of had s fantastic career. But no I'm stuck on this merry go rnd

• Posted

I have been researching information on hydrodenitus supprativa for my husband who had a chronic condition with huge boils under his armpit and buttocks for almost 20 years...it more recently was in his armpits though and he would have huge boils twice a month he would have to get drained. I had him try everything I found online from diet, soap changes etc....nothing worked. It got so bad that a doctor was going to skin graph his armpits. I found online something about humira possibly working on HS and convinced the doctor to let him try it. He was on the drug for 6 months and then stopped the humira. He has not had 1 boil since then. ...I hate to say hes cured but it's been really promising.....thought I would pass this along since I may be able to help others with this skin condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.