I've been on 150mg efexor XL for many years.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on efexor XL for many years tried coming of them many times but after a couple of months I'd crash and have to start back on them again. Having read many blogs about this subject I am confused about how I should reduce slowly and be free of them and never have to go back on them again. I am on the capsules. I agree the grains in the capsules are different sizes. Sounds like the tablets are better to reduce but I don't know if they come in 150mg. So I would welcome Advice please!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

When you say you crash after a couple of months... Do you get right off of them and then crash i.e. the depression comes back?

If I've interpreted correctly then you might be too soon to come off. Whatever is causing the depression is still there and the venlafaxine is keeping it at bay.

Have you spoken to your Dr about coming off of them and do they know that you've crashed every time?

Have you had therapy/counselling alongside the venlafaxine to tackle the root cause?

Lucy

• Posted

The tablets come in 75mg and 37.5mg. I'm not sure if there is a higher dose. I'm cutting a 75 into 4 and take about 17mg per day, I have a back up of Diazepam (2mg) if needed! Not nice medication to get off, one of the most difficult apparently! Ask your GP for the tablet form! Good Luck. x

• Posted

I'm on 75mg capsules,mine have six little tablets in them they are all the same size,I have taken one out and have been doing this for a month,I will take another one out after another month and gradually do it.When I get down to 37.5 IL get that dose capsule from my doctor and do the same again,this way it's much more gradual

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.