I've been on Amlodipine and feet leg and lower belly edema

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello my Dr. put me on amlodipine at the beginning of February 2018 I didn't notice my calfs , ankles , and feet were swollen like I was a pregnant woman . Also I had swollen belly I'm always feeling bloated and can't breath he told me it was the medication and he took me off it . I read that the swelling in my lower belly was edema the same swelling that was in my feet and legs . I didn't start having this problem until I started taking that medication. He took me off the meds as of March 15 2018 today is March 28 and my feet and legs are still swollen and I still have lower belly edema . HOW LONG DOES THIS MED TAKE TO LEAVE MY BODY SO I CAN HO BACK TO NORMAL HELPPP . P.S. MY DR TOLD ME A WEEK BUT ITS BEEN 15 DAYS AND IM STILL MISERABLE 😟

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

From my experience it can take up to a month for the side effects to completely resolve.    Meanwhile, drink plenty of water, avoid caffeine, restrict salt and have a daily walk - that will help to get the fluid down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.