I’ve been on citalopram for 3 months and I am still house bound

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone else had this problem with agoraphobia and what meds are they on ive just lost my job too i need some advice and help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i am also taking propranolol but feel they dont work eith and have stopped them

• Posted

Agrophobia is a nasty thing to have. I suffered from this for several years as a teenager. I had no medication and no sympathy from docs or family. Basically you need to see a psychologist and, with their help, work your way through this. Propanolol will help because it stops the heart racing but it is a mental process that will achieve a cure. Don't despair, it will take time but you can do it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.