i’ve been on fluxotine for 2 weeks and feel like coming off

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I started some fluxotine 2 weeks ago for anxiety after a year or so of being on them briefly. I was trying to do my best without them. keeping fit helps and trying to be sensible, Ie not drinking etc but with anxiety and being in social situations i always found that difficult! That mixed with the frustration of a number of hernias that affect doing a physical job and also effects my mental health aswell! I felt like i needed a push in the right direction, To start enjoying stuff a bit more, help and confidence with starting new job and making the most of life. anyway its been 2 weeks and most days i felt like coming off. Not many sides affects apart from my hiatus hernia which has always been a problem with these, really Low mood super tired and no motivation . should i carry on? are these strong enough?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

they will work, but need a lot of time, be patient. 2 weeks are very early. MY side effects were terrible and last for 4 month. The journey on fluoxetine is very up and down until you body levels up. I am on my 6 month and start to feel much more happier 😃 Please dont give up and just keep going no matter how hard or disheartening it could feel, you will get there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.