I’ve been on lexapro & it has increased anxiety & fear so much.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was doing better( not that it was much better) but I’m an able to go in public at all, get groceries, drive myself any where & in contin panic & fear all day long. I’ve loss so much weight it’s getting serious.

I had no sighs of it working even slightly in the first 2 weeks at all.

Thinking about switching over to prozac or Zoloft. Anyone’s input to either would help.

Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sherri, 

i am on day 30 of 10mgs still have lots of anxiety but seems better in the evenings. This is a long intense process. It can take 6 to 8 weeks. I was on Prozac for 8 weeks at 20 and it did not help me. I take 50mgs of Trazadone to help with sleep and a low dose of Valium in the am. I think this is a good med once it kicks in. I’m here if you want to talk. 

• Posted

I have been panic attack free for 5 years now with a strategy as wacky as it was surprising , for 2 years I suffered panic attacks and ruined my quality of life ,realizing that it was only a mental condition I got extremely furious at it and started cursing at it in my mind and not giving an inch I decided to disregard all the symptoms and go on with my day , everytime I felt the telltale feelings of attacks coming up I disregarded them and ready to curse at them furiously and non stop , eventually they went away completely.

I did this because I had no choice , I was extremely angry at this "non problem" and ready to fight forever furiously even if I had to pour cold water on my head or clean every inch of the apartment as slow as possible to keep myself busy , it worked for me.

The curses I use are as if I'm angry at a person , telling I'm not gonna let you win , you are a non problem, just a mental game of fears , I know all your strategies to scare me ....and so on .

Hope you can try it.

I never took meds for mood or mental balance

• Posted

Good morning Sherri,

I agree with Pattino, I had debilitating, scary anxiety for about 6 months.  It seemed like anything could trigger it.  I finally realized that just before an "attack", I had a grab in my gut.  That's when I started taking my mind in a different direction.  It takes work but you will feel benefits quickly and it stops anxiety in its tracks!  No drugs necessary.  Good Luck.

• Posted

I am cross tapering to venlafaxine a generic of Effexsor tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.