I’ve been on nexplanon for since October 31st and I’ve been bleeding.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been on nexplanon for almost three months and I’ve bled pretty much the whole time. It started about a week and a half after I got It and it was light. It got really heavy and I’ve been on it ever since. Sometimes it heavy and sometimes it not. Should I wait to see if I stop by February 15th or no? Cause if I don’t atop bleeding by then I’m going to have it removed. This has been my only problem with it so far. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Nexplanon is so up in the air for your period. I went a full year with no period and then the second year it was here and there and then things got worse. I would have my period for a full month non stop and it was very heavy. You can ask your doctor if you can try out birth control pills for 3 months to regulate your period and get it back on track. I've heard it works for some people. I tired that out towards the end of my 3 years with it and it didn't work out for me either. Everything's different for people. Good Luck.

• Posted

Hi, sorry to tell you this but I had nexplanon in for 6 months and the bleeding never stopped. In the end I had it removed and it still hasn't stopped, the doctor told me it could take about 4-6 months to stop completely. I would advise you get it out asap, even after having it out you may have to wait 4-6 months to finally stop bleeding sad So the quicker you get it out the less time you will have to wait!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.