I’ve been on PPI meds for 3 months and no improvement??? Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

My main symptoms are burping and the feeling of reflux. I don’t have the burn or acid in my mouth. I suffered from a bad throat with mucus etc. However the burping -expel of gas (not loud) happens when I start moving around or eating/drinking anything. It is worse when have fizzy drinks. I have been back to the drs and they did a blood test and stool sample all normal. I have been on Protoprozole for 2 weeks and still all the burping and worry??? I really don’t want an endoscopy done as anxious. I’m 36 and don’t understand why this won’t shift?? Any advice would be really welcomed as feel so down by it all. Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

See a gastroenterologist and ask for endoscopy. That way you will know for sure what if anything is causing it    
  • Posted

Those Ppi’s don’t do anything except do harm to your stomach . You haven’t been taking them long , I would recommend throwing them in the garbage . Get your endoscopy , it’s really no big deal , over in a couple of minutes . In the meantime , take apple cider vinegar before every meal and invest in a good probiotic . Choose one that comes in a gel cap . 
  • Posted

Hi JS007,

I’ve just been reading an article about silent reflux. 

They’ve listed all the symptoms and I’m pretty sure everything you’ve mentioned seems to point to it.

They describe it as a “ gaseous reflux of acid” and one doesn’t get the heartburn in the way most people with reflux do.

Have a “google” and see if it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.