I’ve been on Sertraline for a year what should I do?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I've been on Sertraline for just over a year and its been great for numbing anxiety and depression whilst i care for two children who also have both.

(mine came on after one of them got hospitalised).

its helped me be able to calmly care for both of them with no strong emotions (usually I'm rather emotional), however, i am so incredibly demotivated in life, I've scaled my life down to a very small life because i have no energy to barely get off the couch. (after having Covid in January, my energy levels plummeted even lower and my appetite has gone.

i haven been able to cry once since ive been on Sertraline and there's been many times where i know I've been really depressed under the numbness but that the ssri is masking it.

Two days ago, i watched the queens funeral and just started sobbing. it was like the floodgates opened from everything my girls and i have been through the last two years was coming put and i sobbed on and off (mostly on) for two days. im totally wiped out, but its the first strong emotion ive felt in a long time and its felt cathartic.

ive allowed myself to be 'controlled' by a 'close friend' during this zombie like year and suddenly, im feeling like the me (under the haze of ssri) is bursting to get out again and start standing up for myself and get motivated in life again.

I'm scared to come off them as one daughter has ptsd from an assault and the other has an eating disorder, anxiety and depression so it's a lot to deal with. But... i feel that i need to get more motivated and some drive back.

As im writing this, ive decided to cut my dose.

(im on 100).

has anyone been through anything similar in the feelings that Sertraline has caused. that disinterest in anything, zombie like state, no desire to do anything etc.

look forward to hearing about your experiences! and thank you for reading.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.