I've been on the Depo Injection for 6 Years straight and i'm now coming off!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been on the Depo injection for 6 continuous years now, since I was 16 and i'm now 22, nearly 23. 

The injection has always worked well for me and I've had no problems. My period stopped straight away so I haven't had a period or any bleeding at all for 6 years straight. I have noticed in the last 2 years my weight has rapidly increased. I went from being a size 8-10 at 16 years old and now i'm a size 14 at 22 years old. 

I'm looking to come off the injection as I'm not sure how long it will take me to get pregnant when I want to start a family. I am in a long term relationship and in maybe 2-3 years I would like to try for a baby. My next injection is due end August 2018 but I'm not going to go for it. I am very worried about my hormones, this injection has kept me sane and less of a moody cow for 6 years and i'm worried that my body is dependent on the drug. I am also worried about having a period again after not having one for so long.

If anyone has a similar story about coming off the injection and how long it took them to get pregnant and any general advice, I would really appreciate it.

Many Thanks smile

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.