I’ve been on this journey for almost a year and I would appreciate any input at this point

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am 20 years old was over weight most of my life and in college freshmen year was diagnosed with gerd after chest pains and sour taste. They checked my heart out and all things fine. I took a medication for a week then got off. Going into summer break things were fine until the pain returned. My PC gave me new medication and I have horrib  side effects I got off and was left with lingering headaches and just feeling horribly unwell. So I decided to change my lifestyle I ate really healthy and became a pescatarian with slight physical excercise, got rid of diabetes type 2 and lost 89 pounds. As I tried to get to the root I had more heart exams, brain test, blood clot test, endoscopy, celiac test, Nd thyroid. Everything was okay. I then started taking vitamins, lowering stress, and feeling better. Until i developed pain on my upper left side of my stomach. It was dull and there after I ate. My bowel moments were normal so I was just confused. That eventually went away and I saw that it was accompanied by what looked like a bump which got smaller. The pain kind of went away then constant burping started like every second extremely uncomfortable little burpes especially when I push on my body. I went to GI and she gave me meds to very rid of bacteria in intestines and it did nothing. now I have Lower Stomach pain and shoulder pain. It’s so horrible having to either burp or push to burp 24/7. I am at a lost and I just don’t know what to do.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’ve also had an abdominal ultrasound 
  • Posted

What was the result of your abdominal ultrasound?  Whereabouts is the pain now?  Was your gallbladder checked since you have shoulder pain?  Have you had a HIDA scan to check how your gallbladder is working?   Was the intestinal bacteria h pylori? If you tested positive for this bug and the medication for it didn't work, you will need to go back to your doctor to be retested to see if the bacteria is still there.  If you got h pylori antibiotics, these can be very harsh and can leave you sore; h pylori can also do this.

• Posted

PS:

SIBO? (Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth)

There are online quizzes

and breath tests to find out about it.

You did very well! Congrats!

• Posted

It really sounds like gallbladder problem. The shoulder pain is a “classic sign”. The pain in your stomach can be “reflected” pain which means you feel

The pain in a different place from where the pain originates. 

The gallbladder symptoms can go away for a while if you just get an infection in it and your ale antibiotics. Mine was intermittent and seem like it just got worse over time and I finally told the Dr it felt like I was shot by an arrow in the middle of my stomach that came out through my left upper shoulder. That and the steady burping too. With me they did a test where they give you an IV injection that they say is equivalent to eating a big greasy cheeseburger and if you throw up they know for sure the gallbladder has a problem. You can have like chronic cholectitis ( not positive the spelling) or acute phases. 

Hope you get some answers. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.